Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Red Light Cameras

It starts out as "about safety", but if the money doesn't flow, safety is secondary...

I ran a red light once... I was coming home from home depot, and some guy in a civic (lime green paint, air dam, foil, pipe, etc.) is tailgating me... so I'm checking my mirrors, and I look up, and see a yellow... no idea HOW long it's been yellow... right then, he whips around me, and accelerates through the intersection...

I see the flash, and figure, "I'm nailed"... I never received the ticket (which I wouldn't have fought).... know why?

My wife's car was registered in my name, and my truck in hers... I had on a hat, dark sunglasses, and had a ;) look on my face, due to the circumstances...

i imagine they thought, either... "that's not a "Laurie", OR " DAMN that chick is ugly! I'm not going to add injury to insult" :)

Gotta love the studies done that say the red light cameras "cause" accidents (rear enders from people stopping for them)... What has America come to? These cameras cause accidents? What about the idiot tailgating the car? And how dare the first guy stop a red light? ;):) He's violating my constitutional right to do what I want to do!!!

I've got an idea... let's ban cops from patrolling the freeways, cause people might slow down from their usual 20mph over the limit and cause an accident by driving the speed limit!!!

Interesting article though...

i'm all for those red light cameras, even though i think i got nailed by the one at hwy 78 & Emerald last week.

what id like to see is speed cameras, especially in school zones and residential 25 mph zones.

20 over the limit on the freeway is safer than 10 over the limit in my neighborhood.

just my mis-guided $.02

i'm all for those red light cameras, even though i think i got nailed by the one at hwy 78 & Emerald last week.

what id like to see is speed cameras, especially in school zones and residential 25 mph zones.

20 over the limit on the freeway is safer than 10 over the limit in my neighborhood.

just my mis-guided $.02

I'm totally against any form of cameras for tickets and traffic violations........our privacy and rights are dwindling away and the Big Brother concept is getting worse and worse.

In my opinion, if you're going to get a ticket, it should be presented to you in person by a human in uniform.

I'm totally against any form of cameras for tickets and traffic violations........our privacy and rights are dwindling away and the Big Brother concept is getting worse and worse.

In my opinion, if you're going to get a ticket, it should be presented to you in person by a human in uniform.

Amen to that. B)

apparently safety is fine...if it pays :)

Red light cameras do reduce accidents. That is a good thing ... But they do it by reducing red light violations, by as much as 29 percent from month to month at particularly busy Dallas intersections. ... City Manager Mary Suhm estimated last week that the city would fall short by more than $4 million. So last week, the city turned off about a quarter of the least profitable cameras, saying it couldn’t justify the cost of running them.