Sign in to follow this  
klrscoob

08 KLR650 Electrical Power Loss?

I have a 08 KLR650 with 1000miles on it. Riding to work today the thing just dies, no power to anything, no lights, no horn, no nada. I have already checked the main fuse and battery, I am getting power all the way to the far side of the main fuse. I am unable to trace the problem past that. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I would think an 08 with 1000 miles would be covered by waranty. Let them deal with it.

I am dropping it off this afternoon. I usually try and fix everything but decided it to let them take care of it for once. thanks

I would think an 08 with 1000 miles would be covered by waranty. Let them deal with it.

Could be a shorted battery. I had a battery short out on a street bike one time. The tach needle pegged as the bike slowly lost RPMs and rolled to a stop, dead. A quick check of the battery showed 13 volts with no load. Then I flipped the ignition key to the on position and hit the starter button. Then the meter read zero. <_<

Just got it back from the dealer, it was a bad battery? They replaced it with the proper Maintenance Free like it was supposed to be from the factory and now it is good.

thanks for the input.

-J