Sneeker

WarnerSprings-Anza Exploratory Ride

Hi All,

No one made it to ride with me but I still had a blast! <_< Started out at Indian Flats and ended at Baileys Cabin in Coyote Canyon (ABSP), 85 miles round trip with a gas detour in Anza just to make sure I didn't have a care about fuel.

The Road north of Indian Flats is a mellow twisty dirt road that dumps out in Chihuahua Valley, from there north to Cooper Cienega and nearby BLM land. At Cooper Cienega one can go west into the mountain/hills and find lots of semi-rocky uphills and downs, jeeps tracks & quad tracks, the rocky trails were challenging but not impossible. If one goes east from the Cienega there are more jeep, quad, and some single track; the single track is fun but a smaller sprocket in front on the XR600 would have made it even more fun.

Continuing north I ended up in Terwilliger Valley, got lost and stopped to talk with a Realtor, if you ever want the inside word on an area talk with the local Realtor. He pointed me to Coyote Canyon Road, and told me that the road south into the canyon (the Turkey Track) had been graded by CDF a couple years ago for some fire access, even a Escalade could make it down now, to bad, some years ago that was one of the more challenging sections of the Anza Trail when it was open to thru passage. Only saw one person when I was down in the canyon and the picture speak for themselves.

The pictures are ordered from Indian Flats north to Anza Valley then south into Coyote Valley.

It was a fun trip, now I'm ready to head into the San Berdu NF. :)

-David

post-3850-1205212417_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1205212435_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1205212450_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1205212467_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1205212508_thumb.jpg

post-3850-1205212526_thumb.jpg

Looks like a beautiful ride. I'll have to get out there before all the flowers dry up.

Wow, that looks awesome! Wish I could have gone with you.

I don't suppose you have some gps on it?

I think I will head there next.

Wow, that looks awesome! Wish I could have gone with you.

I don't suppose you have some gps on it?

I think I will head there next.

For those looking for GPS points, sorry I don't own one yet, so no coordinates. :lol:

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing with us your great ride report and fantastic pictures. Looks like an awesome journey...

Thanks again,

Gery

What time were you on the Cooper-Cienega?

I went thru with two others about 10:30 and back to Anza again after lunch,

We saw another group from San Diego (6-8) on our way to Warner Springs and again on our way back to Anza while they were loading one of theirs into a ambulance in Chihuahua Valley.

Don't know all the details but I heard broken leg and they were leaving the bike in a kind neighbor's garage.

Might have had something to do with the suds they were popping both times we saw them. :D

Just sayin.........

What time were you on the Cooper-Cienega?

I went thru with two others about 10:30 and back to Anza again after lunch,

We saw another group from San Diego (6-8) on our way to Warner Springs and again on our way back to Anza while they were loading one of theirs into a ambulance in Chihuahua Valley.

Don't know all the details but I heard broken leg and they were leaving the bike in a kind neighbor's garage.

Might have had something to do with the suds they were popping both times we saw them. :D

Just sayin.........

Yeah, think I passed you guys on my way south back to Indian Flats, I only saw one group (3 people) on motos my whole ride. Other than you all, just saw a couple seniors on quads and some kids partying in their pick-up.

Myself, I save my beers for after my moto rides. :D