anyone know any good camping spots for a weekend trip in baja? i have been to salsipuedes (which ive heard is closed) a couple of times. but i am looking for something different. near the beach would be good and possibly near some trails.

thanks in advance,

anyone know any good camping spots for a weekend trip in baja? i have been to salsipuedes (which ive heard is closed) a couple of times. but i am looking for something different. near the beach would be good and possibly near some trails.

thanks in advance,

Are you thinking about by yourself ? I've been hearing more bad things about Baja.......it's just not the place it used to be. Mr. Beretta would be a welcome passenger (don't discuss here, go to MO Forums for discussion about that).

If I were you, I wouldn't camp unless you're in a decent size group.

Also, I think the further south you go, the better it is safetywise.

I know of an awesome camp spot south of San Felipe. You can get to where you can park right on the beach of a very nice cove with cliffs and dunes behind you or you can park on the small bluff on one end of the cove. You gotta have 4wd though and cannot pull a trailer. We're talking bottomless sand if you camp on the beach necessitating airing down to 10 psi, but if you can get there you're golden and it's fairly private.

I know of an awesome camp spot south of San Felipe. You can get to where you can park right on the beach of a very nice cove with cliffs and dunes behind you or you can park on the small bluff on one end of the cove. You gotta have 4wd though and cannot pull a trailer. We're talking bottomless sand if you camp on the beach necessitating airing down to 10 psi, but if you can get there you're golden and it's fairly private.

sounds great! can you send me gps info?

thanks in advance,

Are you thinking about by yourself ? I've been hearing more bad things about Baja.......it's just not the place it used to be. Mr. Beretta would be a welcome passenger (don't discuss here, go to MO Forums for discussion about that).

If I were you, I wouldn't camp unless you're in a decent size group.

Also, I think the further south you go, the better it is safetywise.

agreed Randy... the stories you hear from people about hold-ups and corrupt police are a bummer... i would go with a couple of friends and we would be looking for a spot further south.

sounds great! can you send me gps info?

Yes, will check it on Google Earth and send you the info today in a pm.