Sign in to follow this  
Greenhorn

Saturday Morning Bike and Hike – Anza Borrego (2/25/2017)

I’m planning on riding out to the Blair Valley area (not far from Scissor Crossing - 78 and S2 ) early Saturday morning, there and back via 79 – Cuyamaca – Julian and Banner Grade (78). Around Little Blair Valley are a couple of short hikes to a couple old Indian sites a Pictograph and maybe some Morteros to be seen. I think it is a little dirt riding after exiting S2 to Blair Valley – Little Blair Valley area. Anyone with experience in the area feel free to comment.

If time permits a ride out through Borrego Springs and then out the Fonts Point exit, see what’s out that way. I understand it can be pretty sandy, but just going open minded to check it out.

At some point I’m figuring food and gas in Borrego Springs. I have done the 79 to Borrego Springs, but 1st time visiting Blair Valley. Have not been out the Fonts point road, but passed it last time I rode down there.

Leaving East County about 7am and would like to be back about 3pm or so.

I ride a KLR 650 and pace will be somewhat leisurely. Just out to enjoy the ride and see the desert.

If anyone would like to join we can establish a meet area in Santee - Lakeside or nearer the 79.

If this was sunday I would be all in, I have a run with san diego Miata club on Saturday. Its good to see some riders who actually do a little hiking, I try to mix it up when I can. I have a klr 650 and a drz 400, anytime your out this way again let me know and we can ride.

Looks like fun route, fyi its desert dash this weekend so gonna be lots doing that and in area