Sign in to follow this  
Gery XT-225

Hi everyone...

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and wish to meet new friends here that have the same motorcyling passion as I am. I have good experiences in road riding but NOT on off pavement. So I bought a use 2006 Yamaha XT225 3 days ago so that I can start learning how to ride on an off-road trails.

I just posted on commiting with LowCal250 event. Wish to meet some of you there during the event.

Happy trails to all...

Welcome Gary, there will be plenty of good trail rides for you to join in on. A good place to learn to ride is at Lark Canyon OHV area in McCain Valley out near Boulevard. A lot of the trails are wide, there is a good variety of terrain and there is some sand to learn to ride on. See you on the trail some time.

Welcome to the nut house Gary! :lol:

If you wanted to be around people with motorcycling passion this is the right place. A lot of varying experience here and lots of varying rides.

Dirt Dame has pointed out a good place to learn to ride in the dirt (Lark Canyon). While I’ve been riding bikes for 30 something years on the street, I’m also like you, a newbie to the dirt. You will find a lot of tips and people ready to help you here.

One of the best things I did to improve my riding skills is take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Dirt Bike Course. One of the Schools offering this class can be found at this link http://www.dirtbikeschool.com/index.html . This school is run by 2 members of the SDAR. I learned a lot about riding in the dirt and about myself when I went to their school. While I’m still a beginner rider I am on my way to hitting the trails without Joliet having to wait for me (Ken won’t that be nice.) :lol:

So keep your eyes on the site board and make the rides. Don’t miss Dirt Dames snow and mud rides at Lark Canyon! :o

Welcome Gery, there will be plenty of good trail rides for you to join in on. A good place to learn to ride is at Lark Canyon OHV area in McCain Valley out near Boulevard. A lot of the trails are wide, there is a good variety of terrain and there is some sand to learn to ride on. See you on the trail some time.

Thanks... I will try to find Lark Canyon where I can practice riding on dirt road. Hope to see you on the trail sometimes soon...

Thanks again,

Gery

Welcome to the nut house Gery! :lol:

If you wanted to be around people with motorcycling passion this is the right place. A lot of varying experience here and lots of varying rides.

Dirt Dame has pointed out a good place to learn to ride in the dirt (Lark Canyon). While I’ve been riding bikes for 30 something years on the street, I’m also like you, a newbie to the dirt. You will find a lot of tips and people ready to help you here.

One of the best things I did to improve my riding skills is take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Dirt Bike Course. One of the Schools offering this class can be found at this link http://www.dirtbikeschool.com/index.html . This school is run by 2 members of the SDAR. I learned a lot about riding in the dirt and about myself when I went to their school. While I’m still a beginner rider I am on my way to hitting the trails without Joliet having to wait for me (Ken won’t that be nice.) :lol:

So keep your eyes on the site board and make the rides. Don’t miss Dirt Dames snow and mud rides at Lark Canyon! :o

Hi Roger,

Thanks for a great guidance... I am actually checking-out the "Coach2Ride" who also offers an off-road training class located in Pauma Valley (http://www.coach2ride.com/).

Looking forward to see you on the trails sometimes soon...

Thanks again,

Gery

wow, you have a 225, I have a 1200GS, I'll bet we both have the same top speed offroad :lol: Glad to have you, jump right in, and if I'm offroad try not to pass me too fast :lol:

Welcome Gery XT-225 :o

Lots of great floks to ride with here. You're already on top of it by checking the Local Rides section :lol:

The MSF Dirt Bike School is regulated so that any provider offering the course must provide the same syllabus. John and I are MSF School operators and run Dirt Safety (the course that KLRoger was referring to), and we offer a discounted rate to SDAR members and family. Let me know if we can help :lol: