dirt dame

Thursday afternoon McCain 11/03/16

The last time I rode the Threehoney, we ending up getting into head-on collision with a KDX rider. That was back at the beginning of the summer. I quickly replaced the front fender and fender brace, but then the poor bike sat all summer, waiting for red sticker season to resume. October saw the season start up again, but the the little WR125 was the machine of choice for that month. Mr. Three needed to get out and stretch his legs, so off we went to the high desert on a lovely, sunny and mild autumn day. As usual on a weekday, there was nobody else out and about....just the people on foot who were surveying to put up some giant, oil leaking bird swatters (wind mills) right in the middle of the OHV area.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

It was very pleasant, until I was weaving through some tight, rough stuff and must have caught a dried cholla ball that had fallen on the trail with my front tire.  This was pretty late in the day as I was heading back to the car.  The cactus ball must have gotten broken and flung off my tire and right into my lap while I was standing.  Some of the errant cactus stuck in my pant leg.  The rest fell onto the seat.  The next time I sat down, I found that I had spines stuck in the bike's saddle, as well as stickers in my knickers!  There was a time consuming stop that followed, where I had to break out the tweezers and get de-spined!  Luckily, I was able to get all the stickers out and continue on my merry way, stab-free.