Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

2008 On any Sunday Reunion

Dave Harlan, former O.C. Dualies Prez, spoke briefly about this fundraiser at Desert Dash banquet Sat night......a bit of a drive from San Diego but fun event/worthwhile cause if you can get away.....2008 On Any Sunday Reunion

Dave Harlan, former O.C. Dualies Prez, spoke briefly about this fundraiser at Desert Dash banquet Sat night......a bit of a drive from San Diego but fun event/worthwhile cause if you can get away.....2008 On Any Sunday Reunion

More stars just got lined up for the "On Any Sunday" Reunion/Event - I've got my tickets......have you bought your tickets yet? :unsure::huh::blink:

Go HERE for more/updated info

More stars just got lined up for the "On Any Sunday" Reunion/Event - I've got my tickets......have you bought your tickets yet? :drinks: :dance3: ^_^

Go HERE for more/updated info

Bump - This event is now 2 weeks from TODAY - Anybody else from SDAR heading up?

crickets ;)

The roar of the crickets is deafening :D:D ……final reminder, it’s THIS Wednesday.......

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I just got invited by a customer. I will see you there. :D We are going to be their all day. Meeting at Newport Dunes at noon, :lol: then to the event at around 3:00. :lol:

I just got invited by a customer. I will see you there. :D We are going to be their all day. Meeting at Newport Dunes at noon, :lol: then to the event at around 3:00. :lol:

Sounds good ;):D - Kathy is picking me up from work about 3 and we're heading up..........may see a couple of Orange County friends before heading over to the theater.......moto expo starts at ~4......they're supposed to have ~40 bikes there........show is at ~7pm.

I just got invited by a customer. I will see you there. :beach: We are going to be their all day. Meeting at Newport Dunes at noon, :D then to the event at around 3:00. :D

Sounds good :D:good: - Kathy is picking me up from work about 3 and we're heading up..........may see a couple of Orange County friends before heading over to the theater.......moto expo starts at ~4......they're supposed to have ~40 bikes there........show is at ~7pm.

Hammer - The schedule was released last night for Dualie members........950+ tickets sold......they're going to let folks in at 7pm........they'll run the movie at 8pm........I'd be in line to get in around 6-6:30 LATEST or you'll be siting in the front row straining your neck muscles..........

3:00 PM All vendors in position

3:00 PM Begin Big Red video installation Big Red plus Tom/Brett Howard

4:00 PM All displays complete Lock down parking lot entry

5:00 PM Moto-Expo, autograph session

Moto-Expo, autograph session

5:00 PM Test video Big Red, production crew

5:15 PM Microphone tests - 5 minutes max Larry Langley, Tom White

6:00 PM Moto-Expo, mingle, demo rides

6:45 PM Roll PowerPoint on screen Big Red system up&running

6:50 PM Stage Malcolm, Mert Ride to door

7:00 PM Security Guard takes over outside Vendors inform arrgments

7:00 PM Move crowd into theater

7:15 PM Begin Program End PowerPoint roll

7:15 PM Agenda/housekeeping/general thx EB

7:20 PM Intro Dualies/Harmier 2 min EB

7:23 PM Pitch OAS DVD, intro MCs

7:25 PM Master Of Ceremony Opening LL/TW

7:30 PM PBTF Speaker & Video LL/TW

7:35 PM PBTF Speaker & Video LL/TW

7:40 PM Tucker Rocky LL/TW

7:45 PM Auctions LL/TW

7:50 PM Auctions LL/TW

7:55 PM Motorcyclist Retro LL/TW

7:57 PM M of Cs wrap up, cue Big Red Roll video

8:00 PM Begin OAS Video

9:28 PM Video Ends

9:30 PM MCs take over theater LL/TW

Intro Bruce B/Malcolm/stars LL/TW

9:40 PM General interviews LL/TW

General interviews LL/TW

9:50 PM General interviews LL/TW

Thank sponsors T-R & M Retro LL/TW

10:00 PM Conclude presentations LL/TW

Slush time to 10:15, hard end

10:15 PM Begin evacuation of theater Loose meeting outside

10:30 PM Dualies clear of theater Loose meeting outside

Wow, I wish more of you would've come to this event (Hammer, did you make it?)......all of you would've thoroughly enjoyed it.........I had goose bumps going down the line last night and B.S.ing with Malcolm, Bruce, Mert, etc. :good: :clapping: .....heroes/pioneers/studs :good: . Kathy and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening :dance2: :dance: :dance3: ......and, ya know what, I think Kathy may now have a better understanding of my "moto :crazy: disease" after seeing the movie :lol: .....so perhaps those hall passes will be easier to obtain now? :o;) .......now I just have to figure out where I'm riding "On THIS Sunday" :good::lol::D

I picked up the anniversary edition DVD and got everyone who is someone to sign it....very cool....

Pasted in a few of the crappy photos I took with my phone below......I'm sure there will be a link with GOOD photos over at the D37 site at some point so stay tuned.....

Mert's #1 Flat Track Harley 750.......what a stud.....to earn the #1 plate in the old days you had to excel at multiple disciplines as opposed to just one specialty.....AND he did all his own maintenance.....

OnAnySunday1.jpg

A few others:

OnAnySunday2.jpg

OnAnySunday3.jpg

OnAnySunday5.jpg

OnAnySunday4.jpg

I'm sure there will be a link with GOOD photos over at the D37 site at some point so stay tuned

Assorted/unedited videos of bikes, interviews, etc.: http://www.ustream.tv/LiveCarShows/videos

This segment has some good bike shots, interviews, etc.: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/430413 (Hammer - Interview with your hero Johnny Campbell is 17 minutes into the video)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I was there. It was a good time. We did get a little bored, and went to fashon Island for drinks and a awesome dinner. :good: I did notice 2 plated CR 500's at the expo. I talked with the owner for a while, then he introduced me to another PLATED CR 500 owner :clapping:

I got a little excited when he started his bike and rode it around the parking lot. The sound of intense crisp 2 stroke horsepower is awesome. :dance3: It made me want to go home and ride my CR 500 :dance2:

post-465-1211486130_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486163_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486199_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486227_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486254_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486289_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486318_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486345_thumb.jpg

post-465-1211486371_thumb.jpg

I was there. It was a good time. We did get a little bored, and went to fashon Island for drinks and a awesome dinner.

We sort of did the same thing.....parked at the mall and ate dinner over at Wahoo's before heading over to the Expo.......Kathy was gracious enough to stand in the autograph line while I strolled around and drooled over bikes......then I got myself back over to the autograph line in time to mingle with cast and crew....

It was nice to see the flick again after so many years.....especially with cast and crew present......interesting interview with Bruce Brown afterwards about his first meeting with Steve McQueen......Bruce stated that McQueen knew he'd made Endless Summer in the mid 60's and that Bruce was a friend of McQueen's motorcycle buddy, Malcolm Smith.....so he asked him how he could help out with a similiarily based motorcycle movie/documentary......Bruce's answer, "Finance it! :good: ".....to which he said McQueen replied, "Hey man, I just act in'em....I don't finance'em! :clapping: :lol::crazy: "........So Bruce told him, "Well, then you won't be in the movie because there won't be a movie unless you finance the movie" (or something along those lines) :good: :dance: :lol::dance2: ......He said McQueen got a chuckle out that.......apparently McQueen called him back the next day and said, "Ok, let's do it".......McQueen coughed up $300K to finance it......and the rest is history.....pretty wild that the film still has cult status 37 years after it was released....

As most of you probabaly know, the movie ends with Malcolm, Mert and McQueen screwing around on their bikes riding across open farmland, dunes, then heading down the beach and into the distance.......just a bunch of friends goofing around.....and the narrator (Bruce Brown) states something like, "Although they love racing, this is the type of riding these guys enjoy most......just spending the day riding around with their buddies".....I couldn't agree more :dance3: :good:

I'm sure there will be a link with GOOD photos over at the D37 site at some point so stay tuned

Assorted/unedited videos of bikes, interviews, etc.: http://www.ustream.tv/LiveCarShows/videos

This segment has some good bike shots, interviews, etc.: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/430413 (Hammer - Interview with your hero Johnny Campbell is 17 minutes into the video)

Tink Posted his photo's HERE