Sign in to follow this  
KTMrad

Your Prez in Action

After meeting Joliet (thanks Ken !!) to do ride layout from Ocotillo Wells to Plaster City on Saturday, I had to ride more today and Monday, so decided to get a room at Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs. Got there and unloaded to hit the the road by myself about 3:00. Hit the first dirt a few miles later to start the final layout of Day 1 for the Desert Dash,with some new trails and new route for the morning of Day 1. Got to the Blu Inn at Ocotillo Wells about 4:30, then off to the Iron Door for a beer and watch the freak show :D

Left there for a night ride back to Borrego Springs. I did about a 45 mile night ride, 80% dirt back to Borrego. What a blast !!

Tomorrow, I need to run more trails thru Ocotillo Wells back to Borrego Springs. I'll probably go ahead and run the Squeeze and Dropoff (by myself), and GPS that whole route also, then the new routes thru Ocotillo Wells back to Borrego.

Then load up and head home to work on Rollcharts on the computer.

ANYONE AVAILABLE TO MEET ME EARLY MONDAY MORNING IN BORREGO SPRINGS TO RIDE WITH ME THE REST OF THE DAY ??????

I may ride by myself, but I'm never alone :)

Rad

After meeting Joliet (thanks Ken !!) to do ride layout from Ocotillo Wells to Plaster City on Saturday, I had to ride more today and Monday, so decided to get a room at Palm Canyon Resort in Borrego Springs. Got there and unloaded to hit the the road by myself about 3:00. Hit the first dirt a few miles later to start the final layout of Day 1 for the Desert Dash,with some new trails and new route for the morning of Day 1. Got to the Blu Inn at Ocotillo Wells about 4:30, then off to the Iron Door for a beer and watch the freak show :P

Left there for a night ride back to Borrego Springs. I did about a 45 mile night ride, 80% dirt back to Borrego. What a blast !!

Tomorrow, I need to run more trails thru Ocotillo Wells back to Borrego Springs. I'll probably go ahead and run the Squeeze and Dropoff (by myself), and GPS that whole route also, then the new routes thru Ocotillo Wells back to Borrego.

Then load up and head home to work on Rollcharts on the computer.

ANYONE AVAILABLE TO MEET ME EARLY MONDAY MORNING IN BORREGO SPRINGS TO RIDE WITH ME THE REST OF THE DAY ??????

I may ride by myself, but I'm never alone :D

Rad

Prez, focus on the "new" stuff and we can piece it together with the old/std stuff :D

No need to pre-run the Squeeze/Drop-Off/Fish Creek portion of the route because we already have tracks for that area and we should have old roll charts for that area too :D:)..........

Wish I could get out and ride today :( ......brewing up the pre-work go-juice (coffee) right now then hoppin in the truck for the ~hr cruise to Carlsbad......it would take me about the same amount of time to hit Palm Canyon resort :) ......bummer.....

Prez, focus on the "new" stuff and we can piece it together with the old/std stuff :)

No need to pre-run the Squeeze/Drop-Off/Fish Creek portion of the route because we already have tracks for that area and we should have old roll charts for that area too :D:)..........

Chris, willl do.....I'll skip the Squeeze section, and ride out to OW to chart some changes to AB. Then I'll get back home earlier today.

Thanks Crawdaddy !!

Prez, focus on the "new" stuff and we can piece it together with the old/std stuff :)

Chris, willl do.....I'll skip the Squeeze section, and ride out to OW to chart some changes to AB. Then I'll get back home earlier today.

I can come by one evening this week and work on the tracks at your place. That way you could clear up any questions directly on the spot.