So I finally rode with Dirt Dame yesterday on Otay, and actually got to show her a couple trails she hasn't been on before. It was a very nice ride, she was on her KLX 300 and I was on my KTM.

We hit some real dirt trails near the campgrounds and made our way over to Marron Valley Rd. We then slabbed it to down to Barret Junction where I scarfed down three fish tacos and an extremely chocolatey shake! We then went up and over the TT back to Marron and up the mountain to dog house junction and up to the top. It was a little warm but bearable. Mimi had an issue with her front break starting to lock up, so she had to bleed it a few times. 

Another fun SDAR ride!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great job doggy, I know you've been aiming toward that since the dez dash. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Those are Actually some nice pics of dirt dame and her bike ( and otay).

It was a change of pace, but would have been better if my front brake wouldn't have kept locking up.  I tried not to use it as much as possible.  I had bled it after the bike sat for 4 years, but apparently the brake system needs a complete tear down and some fresh parts (which I ordered off of E-bay, last night).  Other than that, the Green Slug performed as only a green slug could.

The last time I was out that way was back in 2008 or 2009.  Things have changed quite a bit since then.  Most of the roads seem to be well groomed and suitable for large bikes and noobs now.  We had some great burgers at Brody's, on the way back.  It was a good ride.

IMG_0979_1.jpg

IMG_0983.jpg

Thanks for the report.

Roasty and I tried to make it out to Barret today. We started at Pio Pico, up and over Otay mountain, then down toward Marron Valley road, going right where you come to the T intersection, instead of left which takes you past the rod and gun club out to 94. So, at the fork in the road we went to the left. About half way down to the valley we hit a locked gate. We turned around and went back and took the right fork. Again, half way down, locked gate. WTF? Needless to say we didn't make it to Barret.

Sorry for the hijack.

12 minutes ago, haywood said:

Thanks for the report.

Roasty and I tried to make it out to Barret today. We started at Pio Pico, up and over Otay mountain, then down toward Marron Valley road, going right where you come to the T intersection, instead of left which takes you past the rod and gun club out to 94. So, at the fork in the road we went to the left. About half way down to the valley we hit a locked gate. We turned around and went back and took the right fork. Again, half way down, locked gate. WTF? Needless to say we didn't make it to Barret.

Sorry for the hijack.

No hijack, I couldn't rally myself this morning to make Roasty's ride. Gate on the the right is usually wide open or unlocked. 

10 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

No hijack, I couldn't rally myself this morning to make Roasty's ride. Gate on the the right is usually wide open or unlocked. 

Locked up solid today. :-(  

The one on the left fork I have not seen before, but it has been some time since I have been down that road.

We just came back up over Otay. Roasty was running short on time and it was getting hot out there.