Klrscumbag

White Mtn Research Station Aug 4-6, Bishop

I'm heading up probably Wednesday night to beat the heat, camp along 395, then do some dirt up along the way on Thursday to the camping area near Tom's Place.Anyone interested ?

I'm heading up probably Wednesday night to beat the heat, camp along 395, then do some dirt up along the way on Thursday to the camping area near Tom's Place.Anyone interested ?

Hi neighbor; I live on the other side of the lake; less than a mile from you! You may remember that we met briefly in front of the Washington Mutual Bank last January (I had a new red KLR and you had an arm in a sling). I’d be interested in a dirt ride on Thursday from the Lone Pine area! I don’t know whether I should leave Wednesday morning, or leave that evening to “beat the heat.” What time were you thinking of leaving on Wednesday? Which bike are you riding? I am typically packed with 50 pounds of gear when traveling (and I guess you will be also), so I assume the dirt will be a little less aggressive than Friday/Saturday’s ride with our gear left at camp?

On the other side of the lake; less than a mile from you! You may remember that we met briefly in front of the Washington Mutual Bank last January (I had a new red KLR and you had an arm in a sling). I’d be interested in a dirt ride on Thursday from the Lone Pine area! I don’t know whether I should leave Wednesday morning, or leave that evening to “beat the heat.” What time were you thinking of leaving on Wednesday? Which bike are you riding? I am typically packed with 50 pounds of gear when traveling (and I guess you will be also), so I assume the dirt will be a little less aggressive than Friday/Saturday’s ride with our gear left at camp?

Eddie, I'm working locally on Wednesday, so I'm looking at a possible Wednesday evening departure, maybe around 8:00pm to miss the traffic. My friend Ron will probably be going also.I'll be riding my 950, fully loaded with gear. Doing some dirt up on Thursday, we'll take it easy (probably :ph34r: )I'll keep you posted, have to do a bunch of bike maintenance and replace some parts from my last adventure.