Sign in to follow this  
jeremywatco

Escondido to Lake Henshaw

Hi there,

A friend of mine recently purchased a bunch of land up on Palomar on the East Grade side. Was thinking it would be pretty cool if I could ride up from Escondido to that area. Anyone know of any routes?

Is Guejito Road open to Guejito Truck Trail up by Lake Wohlford? If So, is Guejito Truck Trail open to Rte 11S01?

And/Or (If the below is open I and the above isn't I can always ride up the 78 to Pamo rd and then..)

Is Forrest Rte 11S01 open? Can I take that all the way to Mesa Truck Trail and then Mesa Truck Trail all the way to the 76?

I realize I'll have to take E Grade up the Mountain, thats fine.. Just trying to plan out a cool way to get there.

I also realize I can ride up into Ramona and then Pamo Rd to Black Mountain to Mesa Grande and then come down and around the lake on the S2 but I'd prefer to do a cool route.

Any thoughts would be great.

THanks, Jeremy

11S01 is Lusardi TT, I believe, and it does not go through. Maybe you could go up Nate Harrison Rd and then drive over to the East Grade.

I don't think Guejito Truck Trail or Mesa TT are open, but could be wrong.

Here are a couple routes to get to Nate Harrison Rd. Going through Ramona and Pamo Rd is more dirt.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zh4Lm72ckhyM.khuwvSJoKCh4&usp=sharing

Is Black Mountain TT to Mesa TT Open all the way to the 76? Once I hit the 76 right there its a hop, skip and a jump if I just drive up to E Grade. Be really cool if I could connect to the Pamo Rd area from Escondido on the dirt.

Here are a couple routes to get to Nate Harrison Rd. Going through Ramona and Pamo Rd is more dirt.

Is Black Mountain TT to Mesa TT Open all the way to the 76? Once I hit the 76 right there its a hop, skip and a jump if I just drive up to E Grade. Be really cool if I could connect to the Pamo Rd area from Escondido on the dirt.

Black Mtn TT is a dead end with a gate and fencing at the top of the Mtn. Up and back only from only the Pamo Rd. side. Google maps shows these roads going through, but they don't. Escondido to Pamo Rd can only go through Ramona. The large area to the West of Pamo Rd. is either reservation land or the private Rancho Guejito, which is patrolled by private security and drones.

Unfortunately, no.

Your only option from Pamo Rd. would be either to take Black Canyon Rd. all the way to Mesa Grande and go north on slab from there. Or you could take Santa Ysabel TT to Black Canyon Rd. and follow the same route.

Mesa TT, Guejito, and those other routes are not viable.

And don't confuse Black Mountain TT with Black Canyon Rd. People often interchange these but they are different.

From the 76, Nate Harrison grade would be your only dirt option on the north side of Palomar.

I'm curious, how large is the property your friend purchased?

Unfortunately, no.

Your only option from Pamo Rd. would be either to take Black Canyon Rd. all the way to Mesa Grande and go north on slab from there. Or you could take Santa Ysabel TT to Black Canyon Rd. and follow the same route.

And don't confuse Black Mountain TT with Black Canyon Rd. People often interchange these but they are different.

From the 76, Nate Harrison grade would be your only dirt option on the north side of Palomar.

Thanks for the info. I think he said it was around 80 acres.

Unfortunately, no.

Thanks for the info. I think he said it was around 80 acres.

That's big enough for an MX track. I have a tractor. Just saying... :smile_anim: