Sign in to follow this  
Ride-Orange

Cuyamaca on Sunday A.M.?

I'm thinking about an A.M. ride Sunday. I'd like to get out around 07:00 and return by noon. sandiegoland posted a route on GPSexchange that starts off of Sunrise Hwy that I'd like to check out.Any takers?

Thats close enough for me for a half day'er, post a meeting place if you decide to go...........Ride-green is in.................

I'm thinking about an A.M. ride Sunday.  I'd like to get out around 07:00 and return by noon.  sandiegoland posted a route on GPSexchange that starts off of Sunrise Hwy that I'd like to check out.Any takers?

If you are referring to Thing Valley & Fred Canyon, you might consider running it backwards to how I did -- that way you are climbing. MapCheck http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/ for latest closure info.

:huh: Here's what the website says about Thing Valley: Accessible from Sunrise Highway entrance south for approximately 3 mi. Road closed at this point. You cannot continue south to Fred Canyon or La Posta Road. La Posta . Purpose: Public Health and Safety/Law Enforcement Operations.This doesn't sound good :blink:

:huh: Here's what the website says about Thing Valley: Accessible from Sunrise Highway entrance south for approximately 3 mi. Road closed at this point. You cannot continue south to Fred Canyon or La Posta Road. La Posta . Purpose: Public Health and Safety/Law Enforcement Operations.This doesn't sound good :blink:

The gate is hiker, horse, bicycle, and motorcycle friendly :o

There's a "Park & Ride" at I-8 & Japatul Rd. (North West corner). I'll be there at 07:30 :blink: Chime in if you're in!

If you gimme yer lighter, I'll sterilize 'em... and NOBODY gets to play with MY chick!Would you rather meet at I-8 & Sunrise? I think you're closer to there...

allright , lets haggle.. how about I-8 and pine valley road, at the bear valley off road area entrance...7;30... south at exit...???anyone wanting to truck or trailer there bikes up can park there !!!Quote , Martin ; .You guys are hard core adventure riders!! I don't know how you guys can ride at this super HOT temperatures.. Well, have fun and enjoy!! I'll skip this one... hey martian..were only riding untill it starts really getting hot , around 11;00 or so..lets ride...

See you there Kaw'ee! I might have another buddy joining us, but he's kinda flakey.Klrscumbag, ARE YOU WITH US??? :ph34r: That would make four...

You guys are hard core adventure riders!! I don't know how you guys can ride at this super HOT temperatures.. Well, have fun and enjoy!! :ph34r: I'll skip this one...

Hey guys, I have been pre-occupied with work & OTL. 0730 Bear Valley, Mountain ride, I will be there!!! :ph34r:Did I mention I lived on Mount Laguna for 20 years?

Sorry guy's. I really wanted to go but this heat makes me a big puss (112 up here the other day!!!). I'll keep an eye for upcoming rides. Are there any that ever happen up my way (N.County)?

Klrscumbag Posted on Jul 23 2006, 04:47 PM   Sorry guy's. I really wanted to go but this heat makes me a big puss (112 up here the other day!!!). I'll keep an eye for upcoming rides. Are there any that ever happen up my way (N.County)? 

Check the write up James Bond Adventure. It was cool! :ph34r: