MG34

Bob in Lakeside

I don't ride anymore, I use to have a Yamaha 360 dirt bike. Back in the day when I lived in Clairemont if we wanted to go riding for a few hours we would go up to Miramar Rd. and ride or go down to 117 on the border. My favorite place to ride was McCain Valley. In the 70's almost all the area east of McCain Valley Rd. was open to ride for dirt bikes or 4X4's. In 1980 the BLM closed that area down. It was to depressing to ride in puny Lark Canyon. I still enjoy camping at Cottonwood Campground.

post-16057-0-00823300-1449428057_thumb.j

I have good memories of riding and camping out there as a kid on my XR 75, when you could ride anywhere. Our dads would drop us off at the beginning of the main road and we would power slide all the way to the campgrounds.

Welcome to the forum, Bob. I still have a 1970 360 RT1 Yamaha. Still ride it a lot. Very fun.

I bought my Yamaha new in 1973 from a bike shop on ECB don't have many pictures of it Area in picture now closed by BLM

post-16057-0-41895200-1449439509_thumb.j

I have good memories of riding and camping out there as a kid on my XR 75, when you could ride anywhere. Our dads would drop us off at the beginning of the main road and we would power slide all the way to the campgrounds.

My first bike...the (not so) mighty, mighty Honda XR75.

Good memories!