Uncle Champ

Moving

Ok, I am moving back to San Diego, next week. I will be pulling my big trailer down and would like to rent a car dolly to go back up and pick up my car.. U-haul rents them for $45./day , I won't pay that. Anybody have one to rent me ? My plan would be to carry it in the back of the truck to Sacramento area and then tow my Honda car back on it. 500 miles more or less. If that doesn't work out I will haul my old car trailer, does anybody have anything that needs to go to the Sacramento area on the 23rd or 24th? I am probably going with an empty car trailer and pickup.

Let me know.

You may have already explored this, but maybe a one way rental on a trailer or dolly? Also, ask them to check around for the best "return" lot near your destination. Some lots are overstocked on certain items so they charge more to drop things there.

I saved about 25% on a one way car trailer by dropping it 10 miles from my house instead of 4 due to the above.

I imagine any one way rental would offset the gas needed to drag the extra weight of your trailer up there....?

• Champ... pick a Monday, and we'll drive up there o dark thirty, and i'll drive the car back to campo for you

For the cost of gas to drive a big truck up and then rent a dolly (or have ol bikeslut drive it back - red bulls, mike and ike candies, gas, etc) it may be cheaper to Fly up and drive it back. Just a potential option - obviously flight costs depend on how far in advance you book plus time/day of the week.

BS you are awesome, and others thank you. I ended calling a friend who gets smoking deals on southwest so I will fly up to Oakland have my Berkeley student Megan pick me up and drive back.

Thanks again.