dirt dame

The LED age.

I always hated the headlight on my 2007 Husqvarna TE 450. It was so dim, and so hard to find any decent replacement bulb for. I put in a 45 watt bulb. The extra ten watts was enough to melt a spot on the lens, but didn't really make any noticeable difference in overall brightness. Any brighter option seemed to involve a different base style, and adding more power to the generator to run the brighter light. All of it seemed to cost a fair bit of money, which I didn't want to part with, since I don't often ride at night.

Then....along came LED technology and E-bay. Viola! For a mere $13.86, I now have a much brighter and cooler running light that merely plugged into the existing base and housing on my bike! :wub:

2015-11-06.jpg

I'm always a little uneasy about eBay stuff. I have bought a H4 LED bulb and it was absolutely the worst. But good on you if its worked!! I have purchased stuff from Cyclops and the quality is amazing. LED is amazing technology. I switched over all lights on my last KLR650 to LEDs and what a difference.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/led-headlight-bulbs.html

I'm always a little uneasy about eBay stuff. I have bought a H4 LED bulb and it was absolutely the worst.

NOTHING could be worse than the stock headlight bulb on my bike. :thumbsdown_anim:

freakin Italian husky------so I figure it uses 12VDC, my KTM Husky is an AC lighting circuit----No go for LED unless we include the Cyclops type assembly with the rectifier bits

freakin Italian husky------so I figure it uses 12VDC, my KTM Husky is an AC lighting circuit----No go for LED unless we include the Cyclops type assembly with the rectifier bits

No rectifier on my bike. It does have a voltage regulator. I'm using a LED tail light on my 1986 KDX 200. That has a 6 volt AC generator and the light works great. Yes, the LED on the TE 450 does flutter slightly at idle, but other than that, it works great. Heck, the stock bulb fluttered too. Pretty sure the 450 is AC generator.

Nice find!

I converted my Italian Husky over to an LED headlight some time ago ($$$). The headlight power was AC, this caused a major strobe effect when attached to the LED. My work around was to run the light from the starter circuit, off the the battery, which is DC. Perfect.

good idea Sneeker I like that!!! a little minor wiring mod-----nice.