So since I sold my Gamin Montana to good ol (old) Arnie :) I no longer have use of E32 Maps, which im finding out now is the best baja GPS maps there (of course this is my opinion). So I either BEG Arnie to sell me back the Montana, unlikely, go buy another one, unlikelier or ask all you expertos what sotware/gps's you use.

I want one for my Rhino and 4x4 when adventuring down south way so would like a screen size at least the size of the Montana. The Maps that E32 offer are awesome but pricey. I currently use the DeLorme InReach Explorer and Delorme map. Which is not very detailed at all. I do get to sync it with my Android/Sumsung Note 5 for an awesome image/screen but just isn't the same.

I don't ride anymore but do take the Rhino out and drive the truck down south but don't want to spend 1,000.00's on a Lowrance.

Thoughts/Suggestions/???

I currently use the DeLorme InReach Explorer and Delorme map. Which is not very detailed at all. I do get to sync it with my Android/Sumsung Note 5 for an awesome image/screen but just isn't the same.

Chris, if I'm on a dirtbike down in Baja and I feel "lost" are you saying the Delorme Earthmate app (sync'd to my Samsung Galaxy 3) is so bad I really couldn't rely on it to get "un-lost"? The reason I ask is b/c like a lot of guys I'm looking for an SOS/Comms/GPS solution and the InReach seemed perfect. I don't need the mapping software to be awesome b/c I kind of like the idea of pointing in one direction and saying "let's head over there". After all, I am headed out to feel the adventure of it, too. I guess I just need it to be good enough to read topos and give a reliable GPS signal.

So, do you think the InReach mapping is good enough to get me "un-lost" down in Baja?

Also, quick question ... if you pre-loaded the most detailed maps possible (via computer) BEFORE you left for Baja, then do you think the mapping be any better?

There are SO MANY GPS/TOPO apps for phones now I just have to think one of them will work. Backcountry Nav, Gaia, My Trails, even Delorme's Earthmate is a stand alone phone app, too.

They all work the same way by essentially caching/tiling maps to your phone pre-trip so they're available offline. It seems like a great system and i have to imagine they'd be good enough to get us from "lost" to "un-lost".

Chris? Anyone with an InReach? Is the mapping (titles cached for offline use pre-trip) good enough to get a rider from LOST to UNLOST?

Hey all, stuck in class this week LOL!!

I have the Inreach Explorer and I use the Bluetooth connection to my Note 5. GREAT display. The maps can get you from lost to unlost but the detail in BAja just is not there. I loved the E32 Map on the Garmin platform was hoping there was something comparable but really seems there isn't.

will write more later :)