goon

Anyone doing a beginner-friendly ride this week(end)?

I missed the last noob ride by like 2 minutes and I keep checking back, but it seems that my timing is always too late. So I'm wondering if anyone is doing something this weekend (or Thursday/Friday in the morning) that I could tag along. I'm itching to get on some dirt.

Details: how noob are you? Skill set? What kind of bike? What kind of terrain? Are you actually a goon? General location you'd like to ride?

I plan on riding Sunday-not sure about terrain.

I have very little offroad experience on a dirtbike. I mostly ride on the road and if I can find a trail, I'll take it, but I've never tried singletrack or anything like that. I will say that I'm fairly athletic and I have pretty good balance (for whatever that's worth)

I ride a DRZ400s. I'd be willing to do any kind of terrain. I would say that I am actually a goon in that I have a tendency to do stupid stuff.

Ideally I'd like to ride within an hour from University City, but I'm willing to go further.

If something pops up that's further than you want to slab, don't hesitate to ask for space in someone's truck. I don't know what the weekend holds yet. Good on ya for asking.

I have a trailer that I was planning on using to get it there

I will probably try to go to Corral Canyon either Friday morning or Sunday morning. I just got to figure out whats up with work. Should know today. I am pretty noob so I am sure you won't have any problems going where I go.

Theres gonna be some noob action out at CC this weekend.

Im guessing yur DRZs is plated?

D.

I down to do cc either of those days. My drz is plated

Sweet. how about we meet at Pine Valley cul de sac 7 am Friday? We can take Kernan over to four corners. From there I know at least one trail thats manageable for me. We can do that one, or just get lost and hope for the best. Maybe some of the vets will show up, otherwise w'll noob it out alone.

I have to be somewhere with cell reception at 1030 am, so this may be a short ride for me.

Meatmord: would Sunday work better for you? It's looking like Sunday is gonna be a better day for me

Not looking great. We have the girlfriend's four-year-old niece this weekend. Could possibly do Sunday afternoon, maybe a bit later so its not too hot. Does that work for you?

I've never been to CC/Cul De Sac, so where should we meet?

head east on 8. Exit "Pine Valley Road." Turn right and go about 100 meters and you're at the cul de sac. Its about 40 miles from downtown.

For sure man!

Also, is there any parking at the Culdesac? I'm trailering mine there

For sure man!

Also, is there any parking at the Culdesac? I'm trailering mine there

Yes but make sure you get an adventure parking pass. They sell them at the pine valley gas station. I'll join in also if that's cool.

They stopped using those passes till they put the outhouses back in . see you out there Vexam.

They stopped using those passes till they put the outhouses back in . see you out there Vexam.

Well crap. I'm already here and I already bought one lol

Ya I bought the yearly pass and can't use it.... I will be there soon at the culdesac.