Who wants to make a long day trip saturday? Cross tecate early, breakfast, then to the race course? Back by dark?

To early to tell. If I end up going I'd love to meetup. Lots of variables at thia point in time. Still need approval from the sorceress.

Reximus, what kind of loop are you thinking for Saturday? Where do you want to see the race? I might be able to swing a Saturday day ride but want to stay clear of riding on the actual course.

Something sub 200 mi rouns trip. Staying off the course is a fine idea. O would like to see the race around rumorosa, or maybe RM 90-120 ish.

Yo Reximus, I'm on a WR450.

What time do the bikes start in Ensenada?

La Rumorosa-ish is RM 90ish - that is approx 2 hours after the first bikes launch from Ensenada.

We could leave Tecate early and head east on some trails. I haven't looked at the registration numbers but at least from the last few races, there weren't too many bikes guys.

I personally would like to see the top bike teams, just to see how damn fast they blitz some of the sections.

I could route us to La Rumorosa and back. My only concern is large amounts of traffic/chase vehicles on the main roads (ie Compadre and the Laguna Hanson rd)

For tomorrow, I'd like to be back in the US before dark.

I have a tasty taco shop to hit in Tecate on the return depending on route.

Bikes start at 0530. Then a big gap, TT start at 1000+

Was considering riding from La Mesa tomorrow early. Thats a recipe for a lot of pavement on the piggly but such is the cost of buisness sometimes.

Goofy all that sounds great. I think I pm'd my numero already.

The Tecate Border crossing is open from 5am-11pm.

If the bikes start in Ensenada at 530, I'd bet that the lead bikes will be in the La Rumorosa area between 730-800.

Depending on the time we'd cross, it would be important to hoof it to La Rumorosa to catch the bikes in time. Google maps says Tecate to La Rumorosa is approx an hour https://www.google.com/maps/dir/21430+Tecate,+Baja+California,+Mexico/La+Rumorosa,+Mexico/@32.5248604,-116.6232801,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m16!4m15!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d90ea89a5f62e7:0x84a7f77c07cd016e!2m2!1d-116.6346969!2d32.5685837!1m5!1m1!1s0x80d9b7c1c64694c9:0xebf993e3f57bf696!2m2!1d-116.0709408!2d32.5273452!2m1!2b1!3e0

Do you care about the watch the trucks? I don't particularly care but I think it would be somewhat interesting to see a couple just to see how fast they go.

I would like to see both. The hihg performance aspect is fascinating to me.Its a bit of slab out to rumorosa about 40 mi. I have around a 200 mi range on the piggy.

If we caught the bikes we could go check out the cave paintings, or head south a bit on the road to hanson, turn west, watch the trucks, then head home.

I am really just needing to get some 4 stroke therapy, whatever form it comes in.

I am bringing a front tube, spoons, tools, a gps, and some "steeek-yurs".

Where do you want to meet? Unless I can get a ride I am going to slab it from La Mesa.

Sure tell him to throw in a sixpac for me! I am always up to crash a party. Did you get my pm with phone #?

Hey Goofy are you running a radio? I have a dual band ham but no ear piece. Let me know if you are planning on bringing it. I have a good freq we can run too.

Hey Rex, I'll shoot you a text.

I have a radio harness but no actual radio to plug it into. With just the two of us, we should be fine however.

The ADVrider guy said he should be at Checkpoint 1 around 7am. I'd expect bikes to be there 7:45-8:00 but I could be wrong. He says the Checkpoint is at RM117 and I'm figuring 50mph average for the front runners.

The earliest we could cross would be 5am at Tecate. Only concern would be spending too much time hitting the dirt and get off course, run late to the Checkpoint. Or, we cross a bit later and just slab over then take dirt back.

I guess it comes down to how early wake up call is going to be!

Alright I won't bring the radio. I will sequester my desire to inspect "promising" side trails and local sheilas without informing my ride partner of my departure.

Lets cross at 5, grab a bolillo, a cafe negro, then some dirt, meet Garfey and see whats good from there. Any "extra" time is always paid back as ride time or contingency cushion.

I will sequester my desire to inspect "promising" side trails and local sheilas without informing my ride partner of my departure.

Ha! There goes the "WTF he go?" mystery/fun factor... :heh:

5am cross? ouch!

Departure from Tecate has been moved to 6am.

Anybody else interested in watching the race?

5am cross? ouch!

Decided on 6. Thats still early.

5am cross? ouch!

Departure from Tecate has been moved to 6am.

Anybody else interested in watching the race?

Can't believe no one else has chimmed in on this!? A day trip to watch one of the most famous off road races...

Success! PIc-turs to follow

Hey Rex, I am glad you made it down. I really felt bad about changing my plans on you, but I hope we can hook and ride sometime soon.