Ride-Orange

BBQ II- How's Sunday, Aug 13?

July's BBQ at carguy's was such a hoot, I have offered the Ranchito as the next event location. We're in Jamul near Lyons Peak, and a short AM ride would be possible as well. I'm thinking up the back way to Lawson Peak/Carvacre from Lyons Valley Rd?Please post here and PM me for address and directions if you're interested...

I think we are finnaly on to something.Food Beer Riding.Sounds like another Adventure to me,Count me in! :D

July's BBQ ???  and a short AM ride.

... I'm thinking up the back way to Lawson Peak/Carvacre

I'm think'in Beer, down the fast way into my bottomless pit...

Posted Image

Sounds great ron, i still have some shrimp in my tool pack, that i stole from johns BBQ . i'll pitch in and bring that..and we ran into those Big Horn sheep on our sat' ride,, so i might also bring some EWE, not fer eat'in , just for some eyecandy..

I'm in Rob or is that Ron as Kawies been calling you. :D sounds like you have the ride planned out too. It should be fun.

I'm in Rob or is that Ron as " Kawies " been calling you.

....Who's " kawies " ....... at least I was only one letter off...

Posted Image

boy ROB !! I cant believe you missed a golden opportunity to beat me down..

you owe tree one....good catch tree...and thats.!!....Kaw'ee...Kaw'ee...Kaw'ee..

You were only one letter off Cow'ee! (or it is Ewe'ee):D Besides, I only get upset if you call me late for dinner...I rode the Carvacre trail yesterday. Short ride, great views, minor challenge. Not fast, but really fun!carguy-Don't forget to invite Duane & Jeannette for me!

Ride-Orange Posted on Jul 10 2006, 06:35 AM carguy-Don't forget to invite Duane & Jeannette for me!

I shall invite them!I have leftover frozen stuff, What is needed?? :ph34r:

So far, Sunday the 13th sounds good to me. Can I bring my dog ? He's a good dog, and friendly.

carguy,I'll take whatever your looking to unload. BTW, the 40 torx worked great! I'll get by the house this weekend, probably Saturday, and I'll call you first.Rad,I have 3 Chocolate Labs, Dad Mom & Daughter. The Mom dog is a true stone cold BIIIIAATCH! I am probably going to stick mine in the garage anyway because when they see people swimming, they won't shut-up (they love to swim). Feel free to bring your pooch.

It seems to work for me... can I bring along my nephews and nieces ( teens) that are visiting from Guadalajara, Mexico? ;) Just kidding :D they are leaving this sunday...pm me for directions please....

Getting close. I'm probablly bringing el tortugo and my buddy who just bought a husky 610. My family may also met us at your house around 2pm but I'll let you know later on that.

Waddaya say we leave the ranchito around 10:00. That should have us passing 4 corners (Lyons Valley Rd. @ Skyline TT/Honey Springs Rd.) around 10:05. Anyone who wants to can wait there and hook-up with us on the road.

Then off to Carvacre via the Lawson Peak trail, down to Japatul Rd., maybe home the long way via Sycuan TT? Or the short way to let the wild rumpus start!

I'll email a map to everyone who has posted interest in coming to the house.

If you can't open a .pdf file, please PM me and I'll send you a fax or whatever...

It's looking like twice as many people as last time, thats a good increase.

We could be up to half the members showing up by desert season ???

..Maybe ride-orange should mention the " free pony rides " out at the ranchita...

Posted Image

I'm sure everybody is wellcome to just show up for the morning ride ,even if you cant stay for the BBQ...Especially all you solo riders that joined becouse all your other riding buddys aint got there bike yet, lost instrest, sold there bike, got married.!!!..

Come on out and ride, eat, throw a few back,swim, whatever you can squeeze in.. were all just a bunch of mix n match group of riders. no rules, no attidudes,no age limits, no s--t !!!

Posted Image

Rob,I remember the cool guys & ride in the above pic. I'm the one in the mustard Acerbis jacket that rode out with Rad on the 950s.My wife & I would love to attend, is that cool? If so, can you email me the pdf map?If I don't do street Sunday morning with the misses, I'll either meet you at your place or 4 corners (likely on the 525). Otherwise, we'll drive out for the BBQ & swimming. What time would said festivities begin?Thanks for hosting!Brettbrettroberts@cox.net

Glad to have you Brett. We should be back to the homestead around noonish. Of course the missus is welcome too. PM on the way...

Can I get directions to your casa? I think I can make the ride and at least drink a soda with you afterwards if I can't stay for the BBQ.ThanksAndy

I want to say thanks to Rob for hosting, although we couldn't make it as intended. Was really looking forward to it, but something came up last minuted and I couldn't even do street riding with the misses.Rad says it went well and there is talk of a monthly event. We'll try to make the next one and possibly host sometime.Brett

Hope you guys had fun... through a frustrating, almost funny, chain of events, I ended up being quite late to each of the rendezvous options. My brother is in the Coast Guard and transferred to SD this week; so he shows up at the house, and decides he wants to go... on my TW200. So we load the bikes, rather than ride the TW 15 miles on the street, and wait for the wife to get home from work... and she is late... and then I need to get gas for the truck... so i go to unload near the trailhead, and I'm in flipflops... boots back at the house... I'm not really an ATTGATT freak, but flipflops on a trail I've never ridden is pretty much out of the question... anyway... my brothers first time riding a dirtbike (he's a fatboy rider), and he only spills 3 times, never let go of the bars any of the drops. It is a pretty fun trail, once I actually found it. I saw no evidence of carnage on the trail... no BMW parts, etc., so I guess you guys did all right. Thanks for the invite.