Sign in to follow this  
bsham

Dual Sport Out of Ramona Sat 3/14

Planning on riding out of Ramona Saturday 3/14.

Route:

Meet Pamo Rd/ Orasco at 1000. Moving by 1015.

Black Mountain to top, cut over trail/road to Black Canyon on way down, Black Canyon to Mesa Grande, 76, 79, S2, S22,

Culp-Grapevine, 78, Wynola, 78, Old Julian Highway back to Ramona.

This route is roughly 110 miles, half dirt, with no fuel stops along the way. Would like to keep it

moving with a couple of brief snack/rest stops. Should take roughly 4 hours.

Most of the route is big bike friendly but expect a couple of miles of sand on the lower part of Grapevine near the 78. I don't recommend this as a noob ride since I want to keep it moving and it's a good bit of distance to cover for a new rider.

If interested reply here. If you decide to go have your bike in good shape and carry your own tools, spares, food, water, etc. I'd recommend a minimum of 4 gal gas for this.

Brian

Do you keep track with a GPS? Like to get more track for a day ride with a big bike later.

Do you keep track with a GPS? Like to get more track for a day ride with a big bike later.

Not using gps tomorrow.

Sounds fun, wish I could make it. Just an FYI, there is gas in Julian and Santa Ysabel along this route.

Sooooo, 9AM and no takers.

I think I'll do a couple of errands and ride a bit later in the day. Would be cool to have a riding buddy or two. Let me know if you want to get a good ride in.

Was tempted but need to work on my bike for once. Have fun!

Cant today do to son's little league game but im looking for a ride tomorrow. Try and stay cool its a hot one today.

Ended up wrenching this afternoon. Will definitely head out in the morning (Sun). I can start anywhere between 8a and 10a if that works for anyone. Probably stick to the route above, maybe add more dirt to the east if anything. Let me know if interested.

Im interested i can meet wherever is good to stage/unload bike. My drz is geared more for dirt right now so the least amount of 60+ pavement the better lol.

-Rob

I see folks parked along Pamo Road every time I go through there. Couple of weeks ago there were two trucks loading bikes on the far side of Pamo at Orasco as I headed home at dusk. There's also a lot of pull off room down by Black Mountain Truck Trail. Believe that once you pass the dump you're in the forest so you might need an adventure pass.

I have an adventure pass so no issues there. Just tell me when and where to meet and ill be there. What bike are you on? Im wondering if my gearing is gonna be an issue if theres much slab though.

How about 0830 at Pamo Rd/Orasco? I'll be on a black/white 690 Enduro.