Sign in to follow this  
walker1

December 28 or 29th Ride

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone,

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Gary Walker I'm 55 Years young :P going on 15, according to my 26 year old daughter.

My Wife allows me to live with her Downtown for now, condo in Little Italy, if I can keep a job. ;)

But that job thing keeps getting in the way of what I really like to do.

Right now all I can think about is riding my latest dirt bike, ktm 525 exc street legal, had a crf450r street legal loved it but like the button on the orange one. Not that my skills warrant this powerful machine, but I think I can still handle a few whoops, sand washes and maybe some single tracks. :(

Had a cr500 in the day, my other life before I was old, and a few Hondas growing up in Central Valley thats before helmets, pads, shocks and such. Probably why I limp and talk weird or may that was just the 60's and 70's not sure.

How i found out about SDAR was through Schwinn met him at the wholesale house, my son has a electrical co. in North County, he always trying to get me to work I think him and my wife are in on this work thing.

So, that said, who wants to Ride and when? I can usually call in sick any day but Sunday.

Thinking SOB (south of border) around the 28th or 29th, I know a few trails down there and I like to explore. Pretty much wide open riding down there. :D

Wheels, sorry can not make this Sat. Wife's birthday!

Looking forward to meeting and riding with everyone.

walker1 here,

Full Throttling Through Life

Hi Gary,

Welcome. I am a noob here but I hope to meet many of the group in the next year.

I love RSV and Tecate. I really miss it. I only know a few trails and it's very easy to get lost. I would be all over this ride with you if I didn't have a race coming up that Sunday.

But, maybe I can still go that Friday. I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Does your wife ride?

[

I love RSV and Tecate. I really miss it. I only know a few trails and it's very easy to get lost. I would be all over this ride with you if I didn't have a race coming up that Sunday.

Does your wife ride?

Hi Christi,

Thanks for the welcome, Where are you racing Sunday?

No my Wife does not ride and unfortunately she probably never will, bad back.

Have a Good Day,

GW

It must be nice down there in Little Italy with just you, your wife and your KTM all snug and cozy together in the condo ;) . Welcome to our group. I would like to go on a day ride in Baja sometime, but as I am in retail and things get wacky around the holidays, I don't know if I could make it on that weekend.

Yeah, Real Cozy!

But the dog gets the bed! He, Kodi Rules! I'll post pics of him as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks for the welcome,

What type of retail?

Want to ride today, but my Truck is in Solana Beach with all my gear and bike is here so guess I'll have to wait till Friday.

Talk Soon,

gw

Yeah, Real Cozy!

But the dog gets the bed! He, Kodi Rules! I'll post pics of him as soon as I figure out how.

Thanks for the welcome,

What type of retail?

Want to ride today, but my Truck is in Solana Beach with all my gear and bike is here so guess I'll have to wait till Friday.

Talk Soon,

gw

Well, you can't expect your KTM to get the bed. Motorcycles leave dents from the handlebars and ripped spots from the footpegs in your mattress, plus gasoline stains ;) .

I am in retail sporting goods. If you shoot or fish (or possibly shoot fish, although I think that is illegal) then have we got a store for you. And of course as much as nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a brand new tactical shotgun, it's too late to purchase one now so that it will be able to be under the tree on X-mas morn. :(

I am in retail sporting goods. If you shoot or fish (or possibly shoot fish, although I think that is illegal) then have we got a store for you. And of course as much as nothing says "Merry Christmas" like a brand new tactical shotgun, it's too late to purchase one now so that it will be able to be under the tree on X-mas morn. ;)

Hey I love to SHOOT and FISH! I haven't tried shootfishing yet. :(

I would get more guns and fishing poles for myself for Christmas but I spent all my money on a new bike.

Maybe next year....

[

Thanks for the welcome, Where are you racing Sunday?

GW

Vet X at Cahuilla on sunday.

Round 1 of the winter series and it's only 15 minutes from my house.