Riggerdan

KTM Freeride E-SM First Ride

My buddies and I have been tracking these E bikes for a while. I'm not so sure about the E super moto, but a super lightweight full scale plated enduro with a 4+ hr battery life definitely has us interested. And I understand E bikes are great for the environment (maybe), but let's also consider all the technical / engineering superiority the E bikes bring: decreased weight, increased efficiency (body & machine), and out of this world torque.

Take a look at how much the Mtn Bike technology has changed and with those changes look at all the incredible things these kids are doing. The amount of force these bikes take on landing MASSIVE drop offs is really, really amazing. If you beefed up the frame a bit, and the suspension, and stuck a super efficient E motor in it

Somewhere between the old school tank of an XR650 baja beast and a lightweight modern mtn bike we may find tomorrow's next super sweet enduro. I think the industry is going to combo these two-wheeled rides into a really sweet morph. Maybe the 'Stealth Bomber' is the one we really need to watch (but lose the pedals of course).

Stealth-Bomber-P-Stealth-Electric-Bikes.

stealth_bomber_910.jpg

These e bikes are popular in europe. Too bad we cant get that stuff here.

WHAT?! KTM has a line? I had no idea.

I think a cross / morph of a traditional enduro and hard core mtn bike is coming.

Looks like KTM's line is definitely based on a pedal bike. Stealth is based on twist throttle. Two different animals.

Gotta love how love how this E technology is going to change the way we rip around on two wheels.