Meet at the gas station in Ocotillo CA 9:00. Run down the concrete highway, swing by Dos Cabesas, head out Pepcorn slot, over to Csnyon Sin Nombre, and points beyond...

Lots of sand, moderate pace, all skill levels welcome

I'm on 4 wheels tomorrow - Grey Tundra 4D and new black Rubicon 4D so say hi if you see us. I'll have tools, gas, etc on board. Mostly headed to the Split Mtn/Fish Creek area but driving thru Ocotillo.

I'm on 4 wheels tomorrow - Grey Tundra 4D and new black Rubicon 4D so say hi if you see us. I'll have tools, gas, etc on board. Mostly headed to the Split Mtn/Fish Creek area but driving thru Ocotillo.

Sorry BM is this is a thread hijack but Trophy, how are you going to get to Split Mtn/Fish Creek from Ocotillo? That would involve going down Diablo Dropoff. I rode down it last weekend and I suppose? a truck could make it fine but I have no clue how the rains were.

You could enter dirt at Canyon Sin Nombre as BM has mentioned then continue to Arroyo Tapiado (be on the lookout for the mudcaves) and take Cross Over Trail to the Drop and out Fish Creek to the 78. This might be BM's actual route? You can loop east from Split Mtn and take the train tracks (easy road just heads up for the silt beds just east of Split Mtn) all the way back to Plaster City. That'd be a long day in the truck but doable on moto. Once you hit Split Mtn in the truck, you could head west on the 78 and hit Julian for dinner or whatnot.

BM is that similar to the route you were thinking?

Just finished route checking, depending on who's there and what they're up for either...

down diablo, out fish creek and around approximately 75 miles or

across Stagecoach overland route, and back around approximately 45 miles.

Almost tempting to leave the bike home and just take the Wrangler out.

We'll be doing the wuss route - driving to Split Mtn Rd. Was going thru Ocotillo due to the snow crowds but now doing Julian, Banner Grade and out.

I'd like to do the 75 mile loop if you're still going

The long ride it is then, see you in the AM