arjayes

looking for patio/driveway kind of contractor

I saw TrophyHunter's post looking for a window contractor and figured I'd give it a try. I bought one of those 8' x 10' vinyl storage sheds for the back yard and planned to build a base for it out of concrete pavers. I already have the pavers, and started to look at how to install them. Need to dig out the 8x10 area, pour gravel, then sand, etc. I quickly realized I'd rather pay somebody to do it.

This is a pretty small job so big patio outfits may not be interested. My wife has already made a couple of calls and gotten no callbacks yet. Any recommendations appreciated.

Thx,

Bob

Call a fellow rider....Tim 619-829-7132

He did some pavers in my backyard and lots of concrete

Thanks for the references. I may have to reconsider my options on this one. My wife got a couple of calls back from contractors today and the going rate for paving an 8'x10' area, with me providing the stones, seems to be $1.5k to $2k. That's 2x what the shed cost so no way. Probably going to have to tackle this on my own, as unpleasant as that sounds! Will be a long messy job hauling sand, gravel and dirt, and after all that's done I'll still have to assemble the shed. Oh well, I'm sure I'll feel great after it's over - especially after I fill the shed and can actually move in my garage!

I just pored a 10x10 slab of concrete by myself and wife. Cheaper than that and a lot less work. I see that you already bought the pavers but still. My slab was the cost of a weekend of labor and roughly 50-60 bags of cement at $4/bag.

Pavers are a lot of work and who cares how it looks under the shed??

Just my .02.

DD

I just pored a 10x10 slab of concrete by myself and wife. Cheaper than that and a lot less work. I see that you already bought the pavers but still. My slab was the cost of a weekend of labor and roughly 50-60 bags of cement at $4/bag.

Pavers are a lot of work and who cares how it looks under the shed??

Just my .02.

DD

No pavers. I'm using 8"x16"x2" plain concrete blocks. They're actually top caps for cement block walls (ugly, but cheap). I went with blocks vs. a slab because I want to be able to remove the pad if necessary. I'm jamming this 8'x10' shed in an area that is about 9'x10' with the house on one side and perimeter fence on two side. Fits perfectly in there but will be right up against the fence between us and neighbor. I know I'm violating city code but the neighbor doesn't care. Back yard is tiny so have to make do. I'm jealous of you guys in Ramona, Alpine, Jamul with tons of space, but I like my commute!

I found some guys on craigslist who are going to install the pad for $500, hopefully on Monday. Will be nice to get this done!!