arjayes

first post

Hey everybody. Been a member here for almost a year but this is my first post. My main ride is a Yamaha Super Tenere and I spend most of my forum time on a Tenere owner's site and ADVrider.

But I also have some orange in my garage - a 2013 500 EXC purchased used kind of on a whim earlier this year. I have almost zero dirt experience so this thing is way beyond my skills, but I have the itch and intend to change that. Riding the ~260 lb EXC could not be more different than riding the ~600 lb Tenere, but different machines for different missions. Look forward to tagging along on some local dirt rides on both bikes.

Also want to give a shout-out to Spaugh for helping me out last week by swapping springs front and rear and tuning up the forks on my EXC. Great guy, knows what he's doing, has all the tools, and very "reasonable" (i.e., cheap). I also saw his property so I'm following his "Got logs?" thread on building an endurocross course on said property. It looked plenty rugged to me without dumping telephone poles and tractor tires all over it!!

arjayes = RJS (my initials)

welcome rjs .

come ride..

my bike is white , and blue and green with a big 'H' on the side .