Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Madstad Engineering Enduro bracket

Madstad Enduro windshield went on today. I had their system on my Strom and liked the versatility of it so I thought I'd give it a try. No ride review yet but the guy I got it from really liked it on his DR......which he sold.

This is the 18" clear. It's also 18" wide at it's widest and 14" wide at the top. I'm guessing it'll take the air off. :D Nice thing about the adjustable bracket is you can get it where it works best for you (based on my Strom experience) and this one flips upside down when you get to the dirt if needed.

The cross bar "pass through" is there in case it's needed. 4 small bolts unmount the entire upper brackets and shield quickly when needed.

The bracket set.

DSCN1277_zpsfe41d26f.jpg

Install the base brackets one at a time so you don't mess with the handlebar moving around. I had to clear out some RAM mounts a little but will get those set up again.

DSCN1279_zps78f7280a.jpg

Both base brackets on the bike.

DSCN1280_zps3d49070a.jpg

DSCN1285_zps0db7c8f5.jpg

The 18 inch screen on the bike - I'll show it in it's extreme settings. This is all the way down - full tilt forward.

DSCN1283_zps9c62273f.jpg

Down - full tilt backward.

DSCN1284_zps268df4cb.jpg

Full up - full tilt forward

DSCN1286_zps05094167.jpg

Up - full tilt backward

DSCN1287_zps00352db4.jpg

Use the T handle screws to remove it and flip it over. Takes about a minute.

DSCN1289_zps2b8835a0.jpg

Flipped and down.

DSCN1291_zps3b033aad.jpg

Flipped and up.

DSCN1290_zpsd2adfbde.jpg

The brake line and throttle cables hit the bracket a little so I mounted up some old fuel line for protection.

DSCN1292_zps9a6f370b.jpg

Very nice set up.

Madstadt review. It will def take the wind off ya. No buffeting and clean air in most positions. It's almost too much in the heat (85-90) as it keeps dead air behind it. A quick stand up will get the flow over the sweat and cool you down. It'd be a great commuting and touring shield. The brake line rubbed on the upper bracket on fork compression so I added another piece of fuel line. There wasn't any binding or problems with the brake line.

My view seated on the bike. Shield full down, about midway in the fore/aft adjustment. My eyeballs are about 30-31 inches above seat level. Lotsa variables there 'tween riders but I pulled the tape measure out, so there it is.

DSCN1293_zpsea7e40b0.jpg

The distance between the shroud and the shield. I thought I'd get a ton of air up through that gap but what did come through must've made it's way up and over. Very little disturbance.

DSCN1294_zpsc4fc9d79.jpg

Shield all the way up, midway back in the fore/aft positioning.

DSCN1295_zps88ec6d7f.jpg

Gap at full down, all the way forward. I got the most buffeting in the full forward position but it still wasn't much.

DSCN1297_zpsa22451f0.jpg

Gap looking straight ahead with the shield all the way up. Some air came through this.

DSCN1296_zps039fb4e2.jpg

All the way forward left a gap of 1 1/2 inches between the crown of shroud and the shield. Full back, 4 inches. My happy zone gap - 2 1/2 inches.

I didn't ride it flipped upside down but kind of figure there's just more air & it's mostly for dirt use that way. For my uses, the entire shield could mount 2-3 inches down more. I could get the full use of all the adjustment but in the current full up position, I look through the shield and there's the gap between the top of the shroud and the bottom of the shield.

Thumbs up for my use and it's easy on/off as the mounting bolts are easy to get to. I'm taking the upper brackets and shield off for a trail and forest roads trip Labor Day weekend (trucking the bikes).

Again, it looks like a very nice set up. Seems like this would be a great screen for an SE....hint hint Vanjoosten