Logroller

Big Bear camp sites suggestions

Have thoughts of taking the lady and the mini lady(2yr old) to Big Bear for some camping. No back country pack in stuff, but some car/tent camping. Any suggestions on places to camp at Big Bear? Being by water, lake or stream, would be nice. Something quiet is ideal. I don't want to camp next to those loud talkin' moto revving dirt bike people. Heehaw. No really, I don't, because I won't have my bike.

Going in a few weeks. Any suggestions would be welcome. Not totally set on Big Bear, but not looking to go much farther.

Lots of yellow stake areas just out of Fawnskin. If you want a proper campground with outhouses, there are also places like Hanna Flats, Holcomb Valley and Grays Peak on the north side of the lake. On highway 38 there is Barton Flats, South Fork and Heart Bar. That would put you near the Santa Ana river.

Ah-ha, I see, thanks d.d.

As for poop houses, that is no biggie to me, but worth noting if they can be found.

Anyone else?

Nice campgrounds on the north side of the lake. Walking trails etc. Might have to get reservations.Close to adventure center. Google it.

Nice campgrounds on the north side of the lake. Walking trails etc. Might have to get reservations.Close to adventure center. Google it.

okie dokie.