Ooh Rah! dual sporters,

I just moved to the area--Camp Pendleton, and I'm trying to find out if anyone is going down to Baja during the 4th of July holiday. I want this to be my 1 year anniversary since my return from Afghanistan. If anyone is interested in going, let me know. I'm fluent in Spanish and my burro is a DR650.I've done a copper canyon trip but no Baja rides yet.

-Ronnie

Guest Crusty

I would love to but not those dates.

Pool parties here 7-3 7-4 and even on 7-5

I will prolly need a day after that to recover.

Welcome to the area and SDAR. Wish I could join you but no baja trips for me until the fall. In the meantime jump in on some local rides!

Welcome to the area and SDAR. Wish I could join you but no baja trips for me until the fall. In the meantime jump in on some local rides!

VACMAN,

Thanks!!! I'm open for some local rides. Just haven't had the opportunity to find and meet local riders. Please let me know if there is one coming up. Also, keep me posted if you plan to head down in the fall, I might take some leave to join your pack.

Welcome to the site neighbor! Lots of Baja regulars on here so stay tuned. Its a little warm down there right now, still do-able but most of the rides you'll see posted for a while are either early morning local stuff or mountains.

Welcome to the site neighbor! Lots of Baja regulars on here so stay tuned. Its a little warm down there right now, still do-able but most of the rides you'll see posted for a while are either early morning local stuff or mountains.

Good intel. If the conditions are not right for a summer trip down there, I might just do an Ensenada trip just to eat some good seafood and back the next day. I will keep my eyes open for early morning weekend local rides. If you see one pop up let me know. Ooh Rah!

Staying along the Pacific coast is definitly doable. You have the right idea. Its a tad warmer on the gulf side but if you want great seafood its paved all the way now to Gonzaga Bay.

IMG_1104_zps163288e1.jpg

Its still a day trip but a whole different experience than Ensanada.

20140329_184914_zps51179ef4.jpg

Staying along the Pacific coast is definitly doable. You have the right idea. Its a tad warmer on the gulf side but if you want great seafood its paved all the way now to Gonzaga Bay.

IMG_1104_zps163288e1.jpg

Its still a day trip but a whole different experience than Ensanada.

20140329_184914_zps51179ef4.jpg

Tracy, I love those pictures. You mentioned that the road is fully paved. Is it doable with a car? A coworker wants to tag with me on a trip but he doesn't have a bike. I might just do this trip on my car and wait for the next group ride.