dash dash W dash dash

New Guy in O'side

I just bought an F650 - mainly for commuting and doing some long trips over summer vacation and spring break. It's my first bike ever so I'm just jumping in and learning. I would love to start getting the bike dirty but I have no experience...yet. Anyone whose patient or wants to ride I'm always up for Sundays.

I'm a high school teacher and wrestling coach so I have a tough time getting away during the winter except sundays.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with you all.

****WELCOME**** this is a great group of folks here and like brett said always someone to ride with. there is all sort of skill levels and almost everyone is willing to learn you some techniques.

ed

Welcome W, I hope you don't do any flying Ws while you are getting the hang of dirt :D:D:) .

I'm a high school teacher also and also live in Oceanside. I've got a KLR and can show you some easy dirt roads to get started on up here. Are you on winter break now? I am and I'm looking to ride.

Welcome W,

You’ll find lots of people willing to ride with you here and they are very patient also. I’m new to the sport as well and everyone has been great with me. They have a motto “no one gets left behind”. Everyone I met here lives up to that. Just keep looking at the rides forum and I’m sure that you will find what you are looking for.

My suggestion for someone starting out like I am is to invest in protective gear; elbow and knee pads, chest protector, kidney belt as well as helmet. But that may be because I fall down on every ride I’ve done with the club. :D

Gee, now that I know we have at least two teachers here I’ll have to watch my spelling. High School was the best five years of my life! :D Welcome again Coach! :D

Welcome --W-- :D You've come to the right place! Lot of great people here and always ready to help a new guy any way possible. Check out the link that Brett posted for Informal Local Rides, that's where you'll hook-up with multiple riders of ALL experience levels.

Also look for info on the upcoming Desert Dash 2008 :D