stefano

Saturday / Sunday Nov 17 / 18

Hey guys how are you ?

I would like to ride this weekend or Saturday or Sunday somebody plan something ?????

Let me know

Thanks

Stefano

I'm up for Sunday... not much of a planner, as i still don't know the open areas very well.

Jacumba was fun, and last week, I parked at Plaster City and tooled around.

anybody with AB experience want to lead a day trip? mud caves/slot/split?

i have an AB map, and a 4 wheel drive book if anybody wants to explore without a guide... :ph34r:

I'd like to go on Sunday. I wanted to head North from Ramona and survey the damage around Black Canyon. After that I'll make my way around Lake Henshaw to Warner Springs and explore the area between Warner and Anza. There is a lot of roads and trails off of the main road that I'd like to explore. I've also seen a trail from that area that follows a wash down to Borrego Springs.

Does this work out for anybody? It's about 10 miles of pavement around Henshaw, but a good amount of it is Mesa Grande which is a hell of a fun twisty road. A 2 mile stretch of Lost Valley road North from Warner is paved too but that ones even more fun than Mesa G ! :ph34r:

let me know when you have more specifics regarding time and place... I'd prefer minimum pavement time.

let me know when you have more specifics regarding time and place... I'd prefer minimum pavement time.

you wanna go do canyon sin nombre \ diablo dropoff \ fish creek on sunday morning? This is in the center of AB park. Better for me since I live off of I8

I'd like to go on Sunday. I wanted to head North from Ramona and survey the damage around Black Canyon. After that I'll make my way around Lake Henshaw to Warner Springs and explore the area between Warner and Anza. There is a lot of roads and trails off of the main road that I'd like to explore. I've also seen a trail from that area that follows a wash down to Borrego Springs.

Does this work out for anybody? It's about 10 miles of pavement around Henshaw, but a good amount of it is Mesa Grande which is a hell of a fun twisty road. A 2 mile stretch of Lost Valley road North from Warner is paved too but that ones even more fun than Mesa G ! :ph34r:

Hey Jon let me know at what time on sunday morning and if you live from P.B. ?

Stefano

you wanna go do canyon sin nombre \ diablo dropoff \ fish creek on sunday morning? This is in the center of AB park. Better for me since I live off of I8

This is actually more of what i was looking for... I can do either... waiting for Jon's and Stefano's response.

I can truck out whoever needs a ride... in fact, if it makes a difference, I'll go to PB and pick up Jon and stefano, then pick up Brad on the way back East to Anza Borrego. i know it's taking some of the dual sport out of the mix, but knobbies are expensive

Jon... Stefano... how does that sound? I'll hitch up the trailer so loading/unloading will be easy.

This is actually more of what i was looking for... I can do either... waiting for Jon's and Stefano's response.

I can truck out whoever needs a ride... in fact, if it makes a difference, I'll go to PB and pick up Jon and stefano, then pick up Brad on the way back East to Anza Borrego. i know it's taking some of the dual sport out of the mix, but knobbies are expensive

Jon... Stefano... how does that sound? I'll hitch up the trailer so loading/unloading will be easy.

Hey ,

for me is sounds good and i want to tell you that i have a truck also so i can carry the bike whatever we go

just let me know more detail ( hours , and where )

Thanks

Stefano

What are the details of the ride? How long, paved sections, etc. Difficultly level? I'm interested in riding Sunday and can truck in or ride in.

still waiting for hondapilot's reply... I'd still like to hit AB, but don't really know the area, as far as staging goes... somebody?

I would like to get an early start... maybe 8 a.m. start riding?

As little dirt as possible, and, like most group rides... easy to moderate difficulty, with as little pavement as possible... any difficult sections, we'll get group help to get through... If it gets TOO tough, we turn around... no worries.

Brad- how about you pick a staging area?

Is Brad the ride lead?

I might be interested.

How about staging at the S3 & 78 campgrounds?

Is Brad the ride lead?

I might be interested.

How about staging at the S3 & 78 campgrounds?

The ride leader will be the guy that can convince the most people he knows where the hell he's going... That's rarely me...

What's the name of the campground? what kind of fee to park there?

Im prabably a definite maybe on tomorrows ride. Don't wanna drive all the way up to S3/78 (doesn't make sense for me).

But as a suggestion for a great ride look at canyon sin nombre to diablo dropoff to fish creek. Its cool and there are cool formations in fish creek. Take fish creek all the way to the mountain road and hang a left and go up to ocatillo wells or head south and hit superstition or go all the way back down to ocatillo. The only problem with this trail is it is technically one way down diablo dropoff. I'm sure you could ride back up it and turn around if you wanted to but there isn't a good loop.

canyon sin nombre is 13-15 miles north on S2 from I8. Its on the east side of S2 and right after the badlands overlook, it cuts all the way through the park and goes down the diablo dropoff which is steep and then leads to fish creek which is deep sand with large boulders thrown in the mix. It is prabably a moderate to difficult trail. No lots of hills, but lots of sand and large rocks mixed together in fish creek. The first half should be high speed.

I'm going out for the day and will see how this post has progressed when I get back.

Sorry for lagging behind gents. I have been with the little lady runnin around town. I just spoke with Stefano and he informs me he has a truck and can transport us out somewhere. Canyon Sin Nombre, Fish creek and the drop all sound pretty good to me. Unfortunately I don't have the best tires for sand riding and all of those areas are generally sandy. We could rerun day two of the last Desert Dash, if I can find my roll chart. :ph34r:

Jacumba was a blast when I was out there last. One option to maximize riding time and minimize driving would be to meet in Tecate and take the border road and a bunch of other trails that would lead us to Jacumba. We could ride the wagon trails to Mountain Springs and eventually loop back to Tecate.

Another option for you pavement challenged riders that don't mind driving is to meet in Warner Springs and do some of the exploring/riding I eluded to North of Warner Springs. There is a LOT of terrain out there that needs to be explored.

IF we meet in Tecate I'd say 830 at the gas station. If we do Warner Springs I'd say meet at the gas station at 9AM and if we do the desert same time, but I don't know the area so I can't name a meeting place.

Jon

OK- there is a lot of wishy washy plans here- myself incuded... as Stefano posted this ride, and it sounds as though he and Hondapilot are trucking out together, I nominate them to give specifics... i will meet at the designated place.... anybody needs a ride, please call me at 619-778-4667, and we can arrange transportation. I live in Alpine, and don't mind driving the truck a ways to save somebody knobbies...

Jon- please post "the ride" that you and Stefano want, and we'll stop going back and forth on all the options...

I'll call him nnow and ask him to post which ride he wants to do with all details included.

Jon

:big_boss: Hey guys

for me is absolutly the same to where going to ride ( I'm italian and im not familiar with any of these area you talking about i'm just arrived in USA 12 months ago !!!! :D )

I talked with Jon 10 minutes ago on the phone and we scheduled the appointment for tomorrow at 7am at my place 1636 Oliver Ave, PB, then we will carry our two bikes on my old truck and then its up to him or to you guys !

I just wanna ride, I dont care where we go ! Everywhere beside Otay Montain is new... :blink:

ciao

Stefano :hunter:

I just wanna ride, I dont care where we go ! Everywhere beside Otay Montain is new... :big_boss:

Alright, I'm calling North of Warner Springs. I'll attempt to throw together a GPS track and we'll try to take that wash down to Borrego Springs for lunch. From there I'll try to attempt to put together a loop back to Warner Springs, but I can't off the top of my head see a loop occuring that doesn't include a fair amount of pavement. I guess that's what the license plates are for.

Ok warner springs gas station at 9AM.

See ya there.

Jon

I will join you guys if it's OK, I'm riding from Downtown so if anybody is trucking it and has room for me and my Dakar it would be better than riding all the way from the house. Either way I'll see ya in the a.m.

Steve (619) 654-6475

OK- I'll pick up chris (ozzy) and meet ya'll out there at 9...

ozzy; ignore PM... your house at 8 (eight, ate, ocho)

hondapilot, stefano, ozzy, bikeslut and...

anybody needs a ride, feel free to call.

is there just one gas station in warner springs?

OK- I'll pick up chris (ozzy) and meet ya'll out there at 9...

ozzy; ignore PM... your house at 8 (eight, ate, ocho)

hondapilot, stefano, ozzy, bikeslut and...

anybody needs a ride, feel free to call.

is there just one gas station in warner springs?

hey bikeslut, ignore my pm I didnt see the rest of the post until now. I think I'll sit this one out kinda out of the way for me and not too keen on pavement. Enjoy :big_boss:

Hey Stefano and all... I wish I could join you but my husky needs a new front tire (current one is an original from an 84 Husky and it's dried and braking all over)... New one has been ordered, so hopefully I will join you in the next ride... You guys have fun! :big_boss:

Hey Stefano and all... I wish I could join you but my husky needs a new front tire (current one is an original from an 84 Husky and it's dried and braking all over)... New one has been ordered, so hopefully I will join you in the next ride... You guys have fun! :big_boss:

I have a new stock tire that just came off my drz if you want it so you can go ?

Hey Martin ,

hope you can get the front tire for this week so we can have a little ride in the middle of the week !!! :big_boss: