bikeslut

Big Bike/N00b ride Sunday May 18

Sorry to those that tried to join but couldn't...George met me @ crossroads @ 930- he was sitting there chatting with Kenny and his. bud...we took the big bikes on Kernan, Trail 1 and 2, Spur, perimeter road up to chat with Norm, then Espinosa/Perimeter Road then hightailed for home- thanks for the ride George- Lurkers: maybe next time

I love my 990 more than ever.

Bob only made me crash once and I scratched the bike.

So I am never going riding again:)

Seriously I had a blast. Just what those bikes are made for. Flogging the easy trails and throwing them down once in while.

Going to modify the short suspension first to see how good I can get it. I was bottoming the heck out of it. Clank!

I mentioned to Bob even after he crashed me out that I realize why I like this bike so much.

A good handling dirt bike, when you start to carry momentum, the front end of the bike starts feeling light and instead of steering the bike you aim the bike. Light on the hands, aim, squeeze and pull the throttle and WOW! Bam Whooooh there Nellie back on the brakes. I am ready to get back on!

Thank you Bob, Great Day!

George also found another thing these bikes are good for...in a game of chicken against a real dirt bike, the other bike ALWAYS flinches first...good one George!

Typical Bikeslut,

Anyone that has ridden with him has heard him say, hey you lead. Knowing he is going to dog you like Villipoto on Bubba or Marques on anyone in front of him.

So I go first on my new 990 that's never seen dirt, dust or even big bumps in the asphalt. Only after he prompts me to do so a couple of times. Like he does. :smile_anim:

It is like riding with a wheel at your side.

I see a wheel on the left.

I see a wheel on the right.

The gunning of the 650 motor with all that horsepower waiting to be liberated.

Push Push Push until I get flustered, ride over my head and bam, endo down a rock ledge.

Well maybe not a rock ledge, and maybe not an endo per say.

Well actually I was doing all of 2 mph and fell over.

Then I had to listen to Bob laughing while groping for his camera.

But I know Bobs game so I picked the bike up before he got his usual shot of some poor soul on the ground.

Thats my story.

The dirt bike comment makes me want to lead with a new knobby :)

Giorgio none of this happened without pictures........

I failed...I hesitated when I thought he might not be able to lift the beast, and actually offered help!!! I'm getting old

I wish I had the skills and balls to ride A 990 on Kernan Or trail 1. I'd die or at least cry when I got my first scratches and dents on a bike that nice.

Hope to be off work before dark and get my RMZ over to you by Wednesday George\.