Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Grapevine/San Felipe Wash

Nov. 17, Saturday, Tamarisk Grove Campground.

I'm looking to dip my toes in the dez with the big Adventure this weekend. The bike has been geared down and TKC'd up. The plan is practice a little soft stuff in the wash then head up and back Grapevine to Ranchita. After, I may explore Pinyon Wash or enter from S2 near Butterfield Resort. Check out ADVrider, Regions, West, San Diego Adventure Ring if you are interested.

Dave

Where is Tamarisk Grove Campground?

Right at the bottom of Grapevine Canyon, on Yaqui Pass Road, maybe 5 miles South of Borrego Springs.

Where is Tamarisk Grove Campground?

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...p;z=15&om=1

Papa,

Down Banner from Julian, the cutoff to head up to Borrego Springs. I'll be parked outside the campground with the F-150 and trailer by 0900. The green fuzzy trees are a blight on the dez. Remember me from the Kevins Heroic ride from Warners to Idylwild, the Noob at the slow end of the group.

Dave

How much dirt ( if any) can be ridden from Sand Blown Hill in Ocotillo Wells back to Tamarisk Grove?

From Tamarisk Grove, you have to go 5 or 6 miles on pavement (Highway 78) before you can get off on the dirt (Old Borrego Rd). After that, you can stay in the dirt.

So Tamarisk Grove campground is right across the road from Yaqui Well campground, right? I have staged for a trail ride numerous times in Yaqui Well campground, because it's free and the rangers don't seem to mind me parking my vehicle and starting my ride there, and the trail in goes through and later joins Grapevine trail.

So Tamarisk Grove campground is right across the road from Yaqui Well campground, right? I have staged for a trail ride numerous times in Yaqui Well campground, because it's free and the rangers don't seem to mind me parking my vehicle and starting my ride there, and the trail in goes through and later joins Grapevine trail.

D/D,

That is correct, one camp is improved the other not. I plan to enjoy the running water and park in the shade of the Tamarisk Grove.

To All,

I hope anyone with an interest to explore comes along. Be aware that this is no "Technical" ride. I'm getting reacquainted with the dez after more than a decade away.

Hwy Status: Can anyone say if the road control east of Ramona to Santa Ysabel is still an issue? The post fire repairs slowed my commute last time through three weeks past.

Dave

Hwy Status: Can anyone say if the road control east of Ramona to Santa Ysabel is still an issue? The post fire repairs slowed my commute last time through three weeks past.

Dave

I rode to the end of Old Julian from Ramona and back on the '78 last Saturday. The roads were open.

I will be there 9:00 AM...lets explore Rockhouse trail north of Borego Springs before we hit San Felipe, and then try to take as much dirt as we can back to trucks...mid 70s, can not be just two of us :ph34r:

papa 858-414-7874.

I will be there 9:00 AM...lets explore Rockhouse trail north of Borego Springs before we hit San Felipe, and then try to take as much dirt as we can back to trucks...mid 70s, can not be just two of us :ph34r:

papa 858-414-7874.

See you at 0900. I'm certain you know the area better than me, so it's all good.

Dave 619-994-9481

My new battery arrived this afternoon and the bike started up no problem, so I should see you there tomorrow.

-Michael

619-208-6628

I will try to make it. I just got off work and I am beat, so I will try to get to sleep right away and set the alarm so I have plenty of time to get ready in the morning. If you don't see me by 9, I :ph34r: overslept again.