Just curious if anyone from here will be at this ride? I figured it's a nice way to get some seat time before the Big Bear Run and donate to a good cause at the same time. We're heading up at the crack of dawn for the day. Not too far away and should be a good ride.

That's the one. I haven't spent much time In that area so looking forward to it.

Guest Crusty

It's a fun ride.

Best for me was riding up the steps of Alesandro.

My group was rocking this trail we got a late start,

so it was like riding through a graveyard of broken bikes and riders.

I don't have any pics as usual, so I decided to just add a quick post ride here. This is a great ride and I recommend it to anyone in the future. Lots of options for easy, hard, adventure, bail outs, etc. So much that the GPS tracks were a little confusing since they crossed over a lot. It was warm, but overall a good ride. It was my first time riding the new to me 500 EXC, so that made it even better. Love the bike! We rode about 175 miles with a mix of terrain, so it was a full day of riding.

Alesandro trail had a few step ups, but nothing crazy. We only saw one other rider on Alesandro, but he had enough and was headed down. Worst part was the heat since it was around 1PM as we started up the trail. Bikes and riders were feeling the heat, but there was a nice shady spot to rest at the top.

I will definitely head up that way when it cools down and ride more in that area. This was also a great warm up ride for the upcoming Big Bear Run!

By any chance can you share the tracks? Curious which routes they take up there.

Thanks,

Tim

Great Ride!

Rode the easy tracks (friend has a bad back and was concerned about it locking up) but still enjoyed it a lot. We even took the slab back (friend's back) after the trail hit Bautista road. It was 105 miles of trails at that point. ( we missed section 3 AM). Will be back sometime soon to ride what we skipped.

Does this ride still go through Idyllwild? I rode it about ten years ago, was pretty fun.