I'm thinking of heading out to Superstition with my son on Saturday, staying the night and heading home Sunday.

I was thinking of going up palm canyon and just ride around Anza.

Maybe the mud caves.

I am a little slow, i seem to always be behind.

Hey Joe what day are you thinking about going? Where would you want to meet for this ride?

Hey Joe what day are you thinking about going? Where would you want to meet for this ride?

I useally ride out from my house in Santee.

Go up 67 to 79 drop down in the anza valley, leaving about 9am.

Let me know where you are and if your closer to Anza we can leave from your place.

Sunday would be better for me. I live in Encinitas. What is the terrain we will be on? How long? Degree of difficulty, in case others are on the fence?

Sunday would be better for me. I live in Encinitas. What is the terrain we will be on? How long? Degree of difficulty, in case others are on the fence?

Street to dirt, not sure on the dirt.

We could meet some place in romona. Take s2 out and pick a road up the canyon.

That area is pretty level,so i would have to say easy to moderate.

I can wait till sunday.

The roads from romona to s2 are fun, twisty. I am not a fast rider so anyone can keep up with me.

:blink:

Not sure which way you're getting to the Mud Caves, but I think I got there via Canyon Sin Nombre and I remember a lot of sand. It wasn't as deep as the stuff in the washes at Jacumba, but I still remember it being kind of sloppy. Joe, I know how much you love sand...

I'd join you guys but I have too much crap to do this weekend.

Zina

I am in. I will meet you at McDonalds at 9:30. Are you riding up or hauling the bike?

I will be rideing.

What's the sand situation on this one? Is it doable with an almost bald knobby on the rear and a very heavy hand on the throttle? :blum3:

Ok 9am mc d's in ramona.

I hope there is very little sand, my krl has it factory tires and they suck in sand.

Street till be hit Anza, then find a trail we all like and start with that one. I like the area off S2 off the right by the railroad tracks. I have not done any of those trails yet. I will bring map and we can decide then.

What's the sand situation on this one? Is it doable with an almost bald knobby on the rear and a very heavy hand on the throttle? :blum3:

Cant be any worse than you were just in!

ahhahahh, true. Maybe I'll see you guys out there. McDonalds Ramona 9AM sharp. Don't wait for me. If I'm not there on time or ahead of time, that means I'm not going to make it and I'll see you next time. :blum3: