More; a resolution...when two guys on light weight dirtbikes want to go for a ride at Corral.................dont bring the KLR; I'm sore and I don't even know why....fargoin' hit the ground once, Axel did OK but got tuckered....

post-122-0-86700000-1397529710_thumb.jpg

Axel- after challenging me riding down Kernan..."I want to ride behind you, to watch you fall down the rocky hill"...."Axel, if you're behind me, all you're going to see is dust for about 30 seconds...."......

post-122-0-09472200-1397529859_thumb.jpg

Axel- after challenging me riding down Kernan..."I want to ride behind you, to watch you fall down the rocky hill"...."Axel, if you're behind me, all you're going to see is dust for about 30 seconds...."......

Now Now Bob, be nice! haha

Axel is progressing it seems. I saw him out on the single track by himself a week or two ago, stopped and said hi.

He has improved a LOT!! Not enough to talk $hit to me, though...

.....really; I ride with the guy all the time, help him out every time he falls, help him with suggestions and minor bike stuff (and send him to Tom and George for the rest)...he is improving a lot...I like good-natured digs as much as the next guy....but he really did start it; he was foaming at the mouth when he saw the street bike... couldn't keep up with Jason on the 200smoker

That KLR looks like a dirt bike; that's awesome.

Was it scary going through the rock patch? How 'bout going back up? I am always relieved to be past that section.

the tires are shinkos... made for mileage, as that bike is my commuter; I also don't have rim locks, so I was running 42 psi front and rear, on 80/20 tires, in addition, the tires are 17/19 adventure sizing...

that all being said: it did ok... once we got on the fire roads, I could open up 685 ccs of Japanese fury, and drift all the corners.

The rocky downhill was sketchy enough that I had no wish to go up it on the way back... Jason and I did trail 1 in reverse, and other than two dabs (rock step and rock face up) the KLR almost acted like a dirt bike... a 440 pound dirtbike, which is about twice the weight of Jason's 200 xcw.

I "usually" do not come back up kernan anyway... always worrying about droolers coming down from Pine Valley after a late start, plus the long boring fire road always feels like a let down after bombing down Kernan to crossroads... So I took the paved route back to Pine Valley

noob- yes... the KLR looks badass in that picture, because he was feeling badass

Understand. I am always with my kids, and I never relish the idea of a collision on Bear Valley. We've seem some pretty reckless people on side by sides on the way back at dusk. We try to hand signal that more people are coming behind us, but they don't seem to pay any attention.

And to add to Bob's big headedness it was awesome to see him on that KLR and those tires. I stopped on top of a tricky section on 1 to hopefully see Bob get trapped under 440 lbs of vengeance. Nope he made it look easy. It really was impressive. Axel seemed to get his mojo back on the way back up Kernan Cycle trail, he flew up that thing!

post-15320-0-42281400-1397617272_thumb.j

post-15320-0-24215500-1397618343_thumb.p