PbdBlue

Neck braces with a backpack?

Anyone wearing a neck brace (Leatt, EVS, Atlas...) and using a backpack? Just wondering if it's possible and if it's reasonably comfortable?

Anyone wearing a neck brace (Leatt, EVS, Atlas...) and using a backpack? Just wondering if it's possible and if it's reasonably comfortable?

Ill give you a call

P1030991_zpsb4647185.jpg

The above shows my pack sagging low because the shoulder straps are not cinched up, but the pack rides without issue over the tail of the Leatt Collar.

I am wearing the Leatt Adventure pressure suite which has cut-outs at the front and back for the collar. Comfortable and full range of motion. I wear a synthetic tee under.

http://www.leatt.com/shop/body-protection/adult-upper-body-armor/body-protector-adventure-462.html Hard to see in the photos, but the two screws release the front and rear plates for the collar to drop in. We can get together some time if you want to try it on with the collar. P.S. I wash the gear all the time. :-0

P1040002_zps19cf408b.jpg

Not the greatest pictures, but what I could find. Never had any sort of comfort issues, for the most part I forget it's there.

EVS R4 with a backpack.

XJKWUCx.jpg

EVS R4 with an Ogio MX Flight Vest

KnkR7vb.jpg

Here are photos I took when first fitting

DSCN00171000w1000w-L.jpg

DSCN00201000w1000w-L.jpg

DSCN00311000w-L.jpg

DSCN00171000w1000w-L.jpg

Thanks Bagstr. I bought a new helmet over the weekend. Bought a 6D for a couple of reasons. The main reason was for the suspension system to reduce force transmitted to the head\neck but the other is that the new Shoei VFX helmet (my other preferred choice) has a large protrusion at the back that some people find interferes with the Leatt brace. Keeping all my options open. Now I just need to get healed up so I can ride again.