Logroller

Tires, are you up to helping me make a decision?

Update: Don't bother spending money on the Motoz tires...unless you want to buy a set that has only been used once, and I'll sell them cheap.

So what are the cons, assuming you don't like them?

Update: Don't bother spending money on the Motoz tires...unless you want to buy a set that has only been used once, and I'll sell them cheap.

I found the tires to be somewhat unpredictable and bouncy. They didn't seem to stick to slab rock as well as I wanted them to, prone to climbing the sides of ruts, uneven cornering performance especially from the front tire. Maybe they would work better on a heavier bike, with a heavier rider. I tried airing them down, to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. The tires made my normally smooth handling WR300 into a tiring and uncertain machine to work with out on the trail. The tread pattern is directional on both the front and back tire. It always seems that non-directional tires work better for me. The stock tires on the bike were Michelin Enduro Comp FIM DOT, a tire that most people swap out as soon as they can, but I ran mine till they were quite worn and chunked, because they worked well over a broad spectrum of surfaces. In fact, I ordered a set of Michelin Starfire MH3s that are closest in design to the OEM tires to swap out with the Motoz. They should arrive on Monday. I'm not sure why people didn't like the stockers. At the same time, I'm baffled by all the gushingly enthusiastic testimonials made by forum members over at Cafe Husky for the Motoz tires.

I found the tires to be somewhat unpredictable and bouncy. They didn't seem to stick to slab rock as well as I wanted them to, prone to climbing the sides of ruts, uneven cornering performance especially from the front tire. Maybe they would work better on a heavier bike, with a heavier rider. I tried airing them down, to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. The tires made my normally smooth handling WR300 into a tiring and uncertain machine to work with out on the trail. The tread pattern is directional on both the front and back tire. It always seems that non-directional tires work better for me. The stock tires on the bike were Michelin Enduro Comp FIM DOT, a tire that most people swap out as soon as they can, but I ran mine till they were quite worn and chunked, because they worked well over a broad spectrum of surfaces. In fact, I ordered a set of Michelin Starfire MH3s that are closest in design to the OEM tires to swap out with the Motoz. They should arrive on Monday. I'm not sure why people didn't like the stockers. At the same time, I'm baffled by all the gushingly enthusiastic testimonials made by forum members over at Cafe Husky for the Motoz tires.

Very interesting. Sorry you had to find out the hard way. I too have heard many good things about them. But based on your review will steer clear. There are too many well known tires out there to choose from. On the plus side, you should be able to sell them fairly quick and recoupe some of your money.