There is a decent chance I am going. My wife is on crutches right now, so it may matter how guilty I feel about leaving her home with the kids.

In theory, I know what I am doing with regards to timekeeping, so we could ride together if you want.

I am also in Carlsbad, so we could also go up together.

Fargoin...do it! at least meet with Matt and pick his brain; definitely one of the best riders and most experienced here on SDAR

Matt, keep me up to date. I will be heading up there Sat. Night and camping. Youre welcome to join us. I am going up with my dad who is visiting, and my girlfriend, then meeting 3 racers up there. I'd love to ride with you! Im really looking forward to this.

Looks like they are getting rain....

Fargoin, I sent you a PM

For those on the edge of their seats waiting for a report....

We both made it up, but due to the general chaos that goes with me going to any event these days, we did not ride together. I met Jason (Fargoin) Sunday morning, and gave him a 5 minute timekeeping lesson/philosophy. It apparently was effective enough for him to get 6th OA C rider, which is impressive for a green rider doing his first timekeeper. Or maybe he is skilled enough and smart enough to overcome the brain dump he got from me.

As is the typical D37 Enduro setup, the first loop was easy, the second loop made you ride a little more, and the third loop was 14 miles of hard enduro. The rekluse clutch is just magic on terrain like this, you end up going for lines you would never try normally, and making them work.

I got 10th OA, and first in class (A Senior LWT). I am quite chuffed, it has been a long time since I top tenned an event, and didn't really think that was still in the cards. I haven't ridden my dirt bike since October, and once again, I feel like I should ride more. This was really fun.

freaking guys like isde97 exist to keep my ego in check, (thats a good thing) no ride for months 10th OA............hats off Matt you ripped as usual!!

and for fargoin 1st time keeper/enduro good on ya.

Hope you guys target the Ranch at Anza round of the westchec series its close and is a qualifier.

I'm fairly certain they have me on........minute 1 thats funny, good anti dust position, should never get stuck behind anyone, faster guys go by all the slower guys behind me.

Matt,

I manned check 8, had a great weekend with the UMC group. Rode loop 2 a few times, my hats off to you for getting through loop 3 and a 10th O/A is impressive to say the least.