Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Desert 101 Quad-Tard Training

As some of you know, I picked up two used 4 stroke quads for my gal-pal/guests to use out in Glamis/Ocotillo Wells/(?). I'm taking Kathy and her son out to Rock-o-tillo Wells tomorrow and staying the night......it's an introductory "Desert 101" trip for Kathy and her son :rolleyes: :cray: (Kathy has been to Glamis but not Ocotillo Wells)......I'll be teaching Evan how to shift/ride one of the quads :(:lol: ........may or may not have some of my kids there too......we'll be camped just south of the county line sign off the 78 by the Badlands/Spook Canyon (about ~1.5 before you reach the Blu Inn). Blue Dodge 2500, license plate "CRAWDDY", with White Layton Rampage Toybox.

Pretty mellow/family deal.....they'll be on the quads and I'll be pimping around on my KTM/looking back over my shoulder........any/all are welcome to join us or stop by to say hello.......

Attached some misc. Ocotillo Wells Waypoints/Tracks as a .txt file (courtesy of GPSKevin)......save it as a .gdb file to upload/download into your Garmin and have some fun with your buddies/family....the tracks all start and end on Cahuilla Trail near the camping Cabanas....

Please also pass the word about the Banshee's I have for sale.......Daddy needs some "inbound" cash to curb the recent "outbound" flow: Smokin' Banshees 4 sale

Ocotillo_Tracks_and_Waypints.txt

hey crawdaddy, you should relocate over to superstition and come hang with me and Bryan. We are the only two bikers in the group, but one of my friends' daughters have quads too. Most of the 4x4 guys that are going also have kids+wife coming so it will be family friendly around the camp fire........ Until they fall asleep :rolleyes: :cray: just kidding.

hey crawdaddy, you should relocate over to superstition and come hang with me and Bryan. We are the only two bikers in the group, but one of my friends' daughters have quads too. Most of the 4x4 guys that are going also have kids+wife coming so it will be family friendly around the camp fire........ Until they fall asleep :rolleyes: :cray: just kidding.

VERY tempting.....actually TOO tempting because then I'd want to waive bye bye and go for a ride with Da Boyz.......and it's not supposed to be about "me" this weekend......saddled with "training" mission this weekend......

Parking at Spook Canyon/Badlands because it's an easy commute for me heading out from Ramona......plus I wanna take "Da Boy" over to Blow Sand, Pumpkin Patch, etc.

We may put-put our way down Pole Line Rd. to the RR tracks and cut over your way......not sure.....