boat440

Death Valley Ride-11/10 & 11/11

Motel 6 is $44 + tax for 2 beds, let me know is someone wants to go nicer.

Seems Like plenty of rooms available in town.

I will book 2 rooms tomorrow after I hear from Ken, for Ken, Schwinn, Hammer, and I.

Has anyone called to see what the Motel situation is in Ridgecrest for Friday? Steve are we doing lunch today to discuss this? :) Ken

I just made reservations for Friday nite at the Comfort Inn (get the triple AAA rate). The clerk said that as of right now (10:30am wed) they have plenty of rooms open for Friday. I’m going to drive up after work. Map Quest says the trip takes almost 4 hours from El Cajon. Roger

I'll see you guys in Ridgecrest. I'm going to ride Big Bear on Friday with Darren. I need to get his new KTM all scratched up.

For Craig, Schwinn & Mike added another hard loop for day 2 thru Sequoia National Forest. You will need 100 mile range to do the hard loop. As in day 1 we can split up between hard & easy loops. I've attached some Google Earth Views of the entire ride and the hill climbs.

I know Ken has a GPS, anyone else please bring and your cable. It better be Garmin.

The weather looks good. Lone Pine is a high of 60 and a low of 37. But Lone Pine is at much lower elevations than the Salt Tram or the ghost town.

See everyone at 8:00 AM sharp. My cell is 858 220-6715 if you are running late. Steve...

post-2031-1194468268_thumb.jpgpost-2031-1194468331_thumb.jpgpost-2031-1194468408_thumb.jpg

Mapquest says it is a 3:13 drive up there and I think they figure 55mph. We should be up there in under 3 hours with a pit stop. If you load you bike (into Steves truck) Friday evening you should be able to show up in Escondido at 4:45 and be fine. Steve does that sound right? I show 195 miles which usually takes about 2:45 to drive.

:) It's going to be great. Ken

Ken,

Sounds about right, but watch those tickets and construction. At the beginning of the 395 it travels thru populated areas so you will lose time and will not be able to average 70.9. I would add another 15 minutes to include gas, pit stop and any delays.

D= 195 Miles

T = 2:45 or 2.75 Hours

Distance = Rate * Time

Rate = Distance/Time

Rate = 195/2.75

Rate = 70.9 Miles/Hour

Steve...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I am almost ready, got a call from Herman Tuneing. (your Stroker 440 is ready to ride, we went through the hole bike) I still had alot of prep to do on my 650L. So I decided to leave the Cadillac at home and ride a lighter-faster bike (I hope the hard ways are plenty hard)If they arent I will wish I rode the Cadillac. Now all I have to do is get all my stuff in my backpack and on my bike.

I sure hope we leave Friday. I can do the 3:30 thing but I know it will make for a realy long friken day. I got the hall pass. (she thought I was already leaving Friday) :)

WoooHOOOOO, thanks for thinking of me fellas! I am just catching up on your plans. It's going to be tight if I'm going to make this one. . . I'll need to get some fresh rubber tomorrow or friday, then head north very early saturday morning to make the meeting spot in Ridgecrest. It's not out of the question, and I've been dying to ride this area. The tracks you've layed out in G_Earth look INSANE ! I'm getting fired up right now ! If I can get a new tire and some spare tubes, I'll probably see ya'll bright and early saturday morning. I'll check back in with my status tomorrow. If there are no rooms left for me in Lone Pine, somebody will toss me a pillow and allow me to sleep on their porch i hope . . . :)

Mapquest says it is a 3:13 drive up there and I think they figure 55mph. We should be up there in under 3 hours with a pit stop. If you load you bike (into Steves truck) Friday evening you should be able to show up in Escondido at 4:45 and be fine. Steve does that sound right? I show 195 miles which usually takes about 2:45 to drive.

If anyone else is driving up Sat. morning and wants to Caravan we should pick a place to meet, like the park and ride at Deer Springs and the I-15(west side of the fwy). There is gas and snacks there (anyone know if they are open at 5?). We would need to be pulling out of there by about 5:10 acording to my figures.

Maybe you guys going up Friday evening can give us a call or email if there are any delays or road construction.

:blink: It's going to be great. Ken

We are not going up Saturday morning. We will be going up Friday evening and staying in Ridgecrest.

;) Ken

Who is going up there friday night? I am not super keen on the Idea of getting up at 3:30 to get there early saturday morning. Please let me know.

I am with you on this one, lets try and get ken and craig converted to leave friday...

OK.. were all in for friday, schwinn, joilet, rex everything and hammer. This will be better so we will be fresh for the long ride ahead saturday. :blink:

Who is going up there friday night? I am not super keen on the Idea of getting up at 3:30 to get there early saturday morning. Please let me know.

I am with you on this one, lets try and get ken and craig converted to leave friday...

OK.. were all in for friday, schwinn, joilet, rex everything and hammer. This will be better so we will be fresh for the long ride ahead saturday. :blink:

I got rooms for friday, motel 6 for Ken, Schwinn, Hammer, and Mr Everything.

I'll check back in with my status tomorrow. If there are no rooms left for me in Lone Pine, somebody will toss me a pillow and allow me to sleep on their porch i hope . . . :blink:

I'm out of the mix for this one guys. Too many factors running against me right now. I'll have to catch up with you all on the next one. . . Have a blast, be safe, and take lots of pics ! ! ! ;)

OK.. were all in for friday, schwinn, joilet, rex everything and hammer. This will be better so we will be fresh for the long ride ahead saturday. :D

I got rooms for friday, motel 6 for Ken, Schwinn, Hammer, and Mr Everything.

Just filled up the diesel ford for the trip tonight, $140.00 to fill it up. $3.61 a gallon. ;):blink:

This sounds like a great ride -- can't make it but also can't wait for the ride report, pics, and GPS tracks so I can go out there someday.

Let me know if its do-able on der uberPig or should it only be done with the Squealer.

Be safe, have fun!!

I made it bros!!!...See you all tonight in Rigecrest!!! I'll be leaving at 3:30 and staying in Motel 6 (next to Comfort Inn)...my cell 858-414-7874.

papa (Alex) :blink: