Sign in to follow this  
Fargoin

Anyone want to ride Thursday 3/6?

Looking to get a ride in Thursday. I have a short meeting in the morning from about 7am to 8am, then I'm open. I was thinking CC or Mccain but I'm open for just about anywhere. If nobody's available I will probably just hit the local N. County area. Let me know!

I might be up for a ride....will know more a little later today....was thinking about doing part of the desert dash route....my bike broke and didn't get to finish it...maybe the pinion trail and back up diablo through the mud caves area?? Or???

i'm waiting for my new seat to come back to me. Might be here today, if not, tomorrow for sure. If it shows today, i'd like to ride McCain. If it shows tomorrow I'd like to ride McCain a little later.

Bob, while my bike actually does have a plate, it is no where near street legal right now. Im good with riding the dez but it would have to be ohv territory.

That's fine. There is a lot of cool stuff in Ocotillo wells.... Just let me know. I'm in Valley Center, and have a full size truck, possibly share a ride down there if you like. I'll check back here in the am or you can email me, thanks

That's fine. There is a lot of cool stuff in Ocotillo wells.... Just let me know. I'm in Valley Center, and have a full size truck, possibly share a ride down there if you like. I'll check back here in the am or you can email me, thanks

I'm going to keep it local. By the time I'm done with my meeting I think its going to be a little late to head to OW. Although I am dying to go ride there. I haven't been out there much this season.

Let me know if you'd like to join for a north county ride.

There is a ride I've been interested to try...back side of Palomar...Palomar Truck Trail....have it all mapped on the GPS.....let me know.....looks like a 4 hour total run from Valley Center...but not sure if you can do it without a plate....never been there.....let me know if you have some other place you like

Yes, you need a plate for Palomar TT, just FYI

Thanks for the palomar tt info....can you ride all the way through or is it in and then back the same way?

There is a gate at the top unfortunately, which prevents you from connecting with the top of Palomar (the observatory). However, you can loop back down to the 79 if you want instead of just retracing your steps. There are some decent trails in the area of Warner Springs and Anza that provide for an opportunity to put a loop together. Look for members to post up rides in that area and jump in.

Well...I took a ride out there this afternoon....but the gate was closed and locked....and there is a tiny sign on the gatepost saying that road may be closed by Rangers due to weather...it was 75 degrees and bright sunshine,...but apparently that is not good enough for someone with a key.....Oh well....anyone know where to find out when they will open that gate?

Yeah, they were closed because of last weeks storm. I would have expected them to be open by now though...bummer.

Anyway, the USFS website (local) has gate information but it is not current and can not be counted on. The only way to get real time info that I know of is to actually call the forest service office in Ramona (for local trails).