Yep... went there yesterday just to shake off some smoke filled cobwebs, only to have the road taped off right where it turns to dirt...

Ended up taking the new truck down to plaster city then superstition for a while...

anyway... another area closed :unsure:

(sorry if this is a repost)

:unsure: Whaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

That's a first. Thanks for the post anyway.

Can we get a little rain already. Is that too much to ask?

Hey how about a pic of the new truck?

Jon

Jon

The website says until the immediate fire danger and health concerns are passed... so maybe it will open again soon.

I don't have any pics of the new truck yet...just lazy... but, let's say it's a step above the Ranger, Jon...

F150 Crew Cab Lariat, with the 5.4, sirius radio, heated leather, etc. I would've got the basic model, but my wife likes to road trip in luxury.

Jon

The website says until the immediate fire danger and health concerns are passed... so maybe it will open again soon.

I don't have any pics of the new truck yet...just lazy... but, let's say it's a step above the Ranger, Jon...

F150 Crew Cab Lariat, with the 5.4, sirius radio, heated leather, etc. I would've got the basic model, but my wife likes to road trip in luxury.

It's not to hard to get "a step above the Ranger". That was a basic ride and yours sounds quite a few steps higher than basic. Nice choice. I can't wait to tie down my bike in it> :unsure:

Does anybody know if Black Canyon Road north of Ramona is closed?

There are definitely closures in that area (Lusardi Truck Trail, Black Mountain Road), but I believe Black Canyon is a residential through way and my guess is it's open.

There are definitely closures in that area (Lusardi Truck Trail, Black Mountain Road), but I believe Black Canyon is a residential through way and my guess is it's open.

On the bright side, McCain is opened to frolicksome endeavers on two wheeled vehicles again. I went out and frolicked around a bit myself, today :blum3: and then hit Wisteria Candy Cottage for some truffles and made the day into a trifecta by getting soft freeze ice cream as well. Riding and pigging out, almost a perfect day, I'd say :lol:

On the bright side, McCain is opened to frolicksome endeavers on two wheeled vehicles again. I went out and frolicked around a bit myself, today :blum3: and then hit Wisteria Candy Cottage for some truffles...

Nice update!! Good to hear... :lol:

Good to hear,

Hopefully the Trials event Dec 2nd at McCain will go off OK. I still haven't signed up but am planning on riding in it and was keeping my fingers crossed it would reopen in time . . .

Black Canyon road is open. I took it yesterday up to Mesa Grande. I wouldn't recommend it as the effects of the fire are total. Everything is gone; brush, trees, everything. I felt like I was riding on the moon. I was going to take some pictures, but it was too depressing. I knew this was ground zero for the fire, but I wasn't expecting this. On the brighter side, everything in Mesa Grande was untouched.