Jeremy

Corral Canyon new guy ride

A buddy of mine just got his first dirt bike I am going to take him out to Corral Canyon (CC) to help him break it in on Sunday the 16th. He has zero experience off road and I am still new myself. I would have loved to go out to CC with you guys last week but a pregnant woman told me no and I have to live with her so I obliged... But this week I'm in. I have not done CC my self but from what the internet tells me it will be a good place for him to start off. On a side note I just ordered some Kenda K270s so I will have those on there for this ride they will be better than the slicks I had for Lark and CC claims to have less sand :mellow:/>/>

A buddy of mine just got his first dirt bike I am going to take him out to Corral Canyon (CC) to help him break it in. He has zero experience off road and I am still new myself. I would have loved to go out to CC with you guys last week but a pregnant woman told me no and I have to live with her so I obliged... But this week I'm in. I have not done CC my self but from what the internet tells me it will be a good place for him to start off. On a side note I just ordered some Kenda K270s so I will have those on there for this ride they will be better than the slicks I had for Lark and CC claims to have less sand :mellow:/>/>

Which day?

And...I really think Lark is easier

Corral has just a few trails without obstacles of one type or another...whether steep ups and downs, rock steps, etc

Just throwin' that out there

Glad to hear you're still alive! I knew you surfaced but thought the mayhem from Lark sidelined the S.O.'s enthusiasm. Post up when you go and if you're riding out. The perimeter road is pretty mild and a good starting point. Stop and visit Norm in the tower, sign his book and get a nice view. See how you feel after the perimeter road and check the map at 4 corners where the gravel parking lot is for the next selection.

Really?seriously? (member) was planning on riding there Sunday, including the perimeter road

I haven't made my Sunday plans yet

Added the day in OP.... oops, getting the guy to look at trail videos for both so he isn't thinking that lark will be a walk in the park. I looked at both and the only thing I didn't like when we went to lark was eating it in the sand at every turn; gotta get some faith in the new tires I guess. Checking with him to see what he thinks about lark instead.

Added the day in OP.... oops, getting the guy to look at trail videos for both so he isn't thinking that lark will be a walk in the park. I looked at both and the only thing I didn't like when we went to lark was eating it in the sand at every turn; gotta get some faith in the new tires I guess. Checking with him to see what he thinks about lark instead.

Not to derail the thread too much...send me a PM if you'd like some advice... I was behind you and I have a couple of easy techniques thatmight help you

As a newer dude I found the road around CC easier than the ubiquitous sand at Lark.

As a newer dude I found the road around CC easier than the ubiquitous sand at Lark.

Agree about the perimeter road...I was only comparing the interior trails

Ill go ahead and say that we will be doing Lark instead, I hope to see everyone there