Sign in to follow this  
MOOREXR

Dualsport Rookie

Hello out there,

My name is Kevin and bought a black 01 xr650l almost two years ago and have not really had the time to get out on it that much. With kids and other stuff it has made it difficult. I am a rookie on the dirt and get a little tense on technical stuff but love wide open fire roads. Im looking to start riding more on Saturdays in the early AM or late afternoons on Sundays. Like to also make a couple of short trips to Big Bear, Bass Lake or Mammoth areas later down the road. Just found this site and would like to possibly hook up with and tag along with anybody that knows some good areas to ride. I currently reside in Poway and am looking for some areas around Julian, Palomar Mt, Jamul, Ramona or whatever. All of the guys I know that have bikes are married to the street. Hope to hear about some cool spots. Anybody wants to ride let me know!

Hello out there,

My name is Kevin and bought a black 01 xr650l almost two years ago and have not really had the time to get out on it that much. With kids and other stuff it has made it difficult. I am a rookie on the dirt and get a little tense on technical stuff but love wide open fire roads. Im looking to start riding more on Saturdays in the early AM or late afternoons on Sundays. Like to also make a couple of short trips to Big Bear, Bass Lake or Mammoth areas later down the road. Just found this site and would like to possibly hook up with and tag along with anybody that knows some good areas to ride. I currently reside in Poway and am looking for some areas around Julian, Palomar Mt, Jamul, Ramona or whatever. All of the guys I know that have bikes are married to the street. Hope to hear about some cool spots. Anybody wants to ride let me know!

Hi Kevin

Welcome, I just posted a ride for this Sat. in informal rides if you intrested. Hope to ride with you soon

Bill

Hi and welcome. we do alot of rides at Big Bear area, although admittedly they are more technically biased. No Shifts Saturday ride will have lots of fire roads. See you on a ride sometime.

Hello out there,

Hi Kevin

Welcome, I just posted a ride for this Sat. in informal rides if you intrested. Hope to ride with you soon

Bill

Kevin, welcome. This sounds like the perfect ride to start with. Look forward to riding with you. :lol: Ken

Bill you may want to edit your ride, it didn't mention Saturday. Have fun and ride safe. :lol: Ken

Welcome MOOREXR :lol: You've found a very diverse group here, some younger, some older, small bikes, big bikes, HUGE bikes too. I highly recommend the No SHift ride to get you in the groove. Feel free to join us at Superstition next weekend also, the Poker run should be pretty easy and all dirt!

Good luck and see ya soon.

I currently reside in Poway and am looking for some areas around Julian, Palomar Mt, Jamul, Ramona or whatever.

Kevin....I'm right up the hill from you in Ramona......I posted a loop from Ramona last week......read about it here

Pretty mellow ride.....you'd enjoy it.....and tell Mama you want a GPS for Christmas....and you want it NOW :lol::lol: