KLXBEN

Coyotes NOT welcome

I have the same gun. The Colibri ammo will not do the job; unless you get a head shot, it won't even kill a squirrel. Years ago I dropped a coyote with a CB short to the head, as it was all I had handy at the time; but for the most part .22 is just not enough. I have taken several with .22Mag however. But it is LOUD - especially out of the Single-Six.

Those CBs are ridiculously quiet out of a bolt rifle and are deadly enough at close range with good shot placement. They don't carry enough of a punch of a handgun. Even out of a rifle, they don't cause any real tissue damage, they just poke a hole and drop like an artillery shell in the process. I shot a lot of pests with them up to jackrabbit size. With a good shot, it was an instant kill. Miss an inch and it might as well have been a mile. Too bad they are so hard to find right now. They only place they pop up is at local mom and pop shops, but at around $20 for 100; $.20 a round for 22 ammo :o

Thousands of quail. Is it season?

October 19th is opening weekend.

I have the same gun. The Colibri ammo will not do the job; unless you get a head shot, it won't even kill a squirrel. Years ago I dropped a coyote with a CB short to the head, as it was all I had handy at the time; but for the most part .22 is just not enough. I have taken several with .22Mag however. But it is LOUD - especially out of the Single-Six.

I shot a crow once with those super colibris. Seems strong enough for small pests. Try it in your 22 rifle, and hold the action closed when you shoot it and it works well and super quiet.

I have a Ruger semi auto Target pistrol with a 6 7/8 " tapered barrel that is loud as hell !

Here's my sons first Coyote a couple weeks ago.

Could not help noticing the vehicle driving through on the road in the same direction your son was shooting. Does not seem to be a safe place to be shooting. Is there open hunting on coyotes or a season?

Here's my sons first Coyote a couple weeks ago.

Could not help noticing the vehicle driving through on the road in the same direction your son was shooting. Does not seem to be a safe place to be shooting. Is there open hunting on coyotes or a season?

That is in the middle of Monache (Kenndey Meadows) the car was full of a shock looking family that decided to visit Monache meadows smack in the middle of deer season. There isn't a coyote season its year around. The coyote population really needs thinned in the area because they are killing calves and fawns. The car was in no danger and came around on a 4X4 road after the shots.