Sign in to follow this  
Henry Hester

Street Ride to Borrego and back

Here's an email I received from my buddy Mark (Daytona 675)... this is not a Dual ride, meaning there is no dirt involved but the crew is fun and this time, a little diverse. There will be Ducati guys, a DRZ400, maybe a Harley and mostly mature sportbikers. Average age, 50.

Members of ForumRacing, esteemed guests, friends,

If you haven’t already heard, we are meeting on Saturday morning, September 29th for a ride on our favorite loop in the back country. We will all meet at Packard’s Coffee House (for a cup of coffee) in Ramona at 8:30. From there we will ride the following route.

Ramona to Old Julian Road

Quick stop at Santa Ysabel to re-group

Down Banner grade and stop at the bottom to re-group

Into Borrego for lunch at the Red Ocotillo

After lunch we ride up Montezuma Grade and head towards Lake Henshaw

From there we can either hit Mesa Grande or head straight back the Santa Ysabel to re-group

From Santa Ysabel, we head home via Old Julian Road

It appears that we will have some new people in the group as well as a diverse group of bikes. It promises to be a good time. The weather will be clear and cool.

Remember: Ride your own ride. This is not a race and safety always comes first. Appropriate safety gear, leathers and boots are highly recommended.

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning.

Cheers,

REV

Where, exactly is this coffee shop located in Ramona :) ?

i believes it is the one on the left hand side as you are coming in to ramona from 67 going north. it stands alone, and you can see if from the road.

sonny

7th and Main Street (67)

(Stoplight/Circle K - gas)

Still wanna better look? Ok, here's Henry's ~108 mile loop on google to view as map, from satellite, or hybrid: Road loop from Packards through Borrego Springs

(my son had knee surgery this morning so this was a good ~15 minute fun map making distraction - he's fine) :)

Just so you are all aware, there are Qty 2 Packard's Coffee House's in Ramona-Make sure you are at the correct one.

Just so you are all aware, there are Qty 2 Packard's Coffee House's in Ramona-Make sure you are at the correct one.

I amended my post......can't miss it with Google Ped Map.......in fact, you can zoom in and view the whole thing via satellite......you'll notice Grapevine Canyon and Rodriguez are visible/mapable (is that a word? :) ) too

Looks like I am going on the sand ride. Poor lil street bike will sit in the garage and twiddle his thumbs one more weekend. :)

i believes it is the one on the left hand side as you are coming in to ramona from 67 going north. it stands alone, and you can see if from the road.

sonny

Neither one of the Packard's is on the left hand side, both are on the right side. As Chris mentioned, it sounds like they are meeting at the "Original" Packards, further in town by the Circle K gas station.

(my son had knee surgery this morning so this was a good ~15 minute fun map making distraction - he's fine) :)

A speedy recovery to your son.