Sign in to follow this  
geegdv

Another Noob on a DRZ400S!

Bought a DRZ400 in June after I dropped my 650GS in the dirt on a ride up in Fawnskin (BMW Rally Ride to Butler Peak). I realized the GS is a heavy pig of a bike for a relative noob (getting back to dual sporting after a 10 year hiatus) and I wanted something a little less "bulky" for riding in the dirt. I'm an avid mtn biker, so riding in the dirt is not completely foreign to me, but the throttle/clutch are something I need to get reacquainted with in the dirt.

I don't live in San Diego County, but SJC is close enough and I get down to inland SD County alot on the GS for street rides. BUT--- if anyone is OK with a total noob who is still uncomfortable getting out of third gear in the dirt, I'd love to ride with you!! And, if anyone wants to ride with me on the Main Divide (Maple Springs entrance) any weekend would be great, I'll post ahead of time to get a group together!

Welcome greegdv :lol:

Total noobs are not only welcome, but greatly appreciated around here. What better way to promote the sport than to have the noobs spread the word that it's o.k. to learn :rolleyes: Desert season is upon us and there will be plenty of opportunity to get out and ride with these guys.

Hope to see you soon-

We were all noobs once, that's the point, is really to get newbie's out enjoying the sport, which invariably involves several attempts to defy physics, specifically gravity...which never works :rolleyes: Welcome, and if you keep riding you'll have many stories to taunt newer newbies with, like solo rides down deserted beaches in Baja, mountain top sunsets, etc...so keep ridin', and welcome!

Welcome, we had a ride taylor made just for you on Saturday. Just keep an eye on the informal rides section.

Have you loctited you front sprocket on yet? Is your side stand safety still hooked up? How about the clutch safety? Do you have the 3 x 3 mod done yet and rejeted? If you need any help with your bike feel free to PM me. There are a few mods you should do for reliability and safety. Check out thumpertalk.com for tons of technical information. Look forward to riding with you soon. Ken

Welcome, noobie :lol: We ride Main Divide from time to time (from the Elsinore side). I would like to ride it again after it has rained. I am sure you'll get enough takers to join you on a ride. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the group geegdz :rolleyes: their are a lot of DRZ riders in the club to get you started and on the trail, stay posted and I'll see you on a ride soon :lol: The DOC.