Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hammerin Hammon

So we are all rideing Amago 10-12-07 9-4 pm.4 riders

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Some friends have been haveing lots of fun at Amago, but are afraid to post or admit how much fun M.X. is My wife is mad I have not taken her there in a long time.

It would be even more fun if we could ride together BBQ. and hang out.

I love riding my stock suspended BRP 650L at Amago.

post-465-1190601822_thumb.jpg

post-465-1190601883_thumb.jpg

It costs something for a day use fee? And what do us slow people do besides try not to be used for a berm by the go-fasties :D ?

Guest Hammerin Hammon

It costs something for a day use fee? And what do us slow people do besides try not to be used for a berm by the go-fasties :rolleyes: ?

You can teach my wife to ride the pee wee track, it has this fun double jump, Bring your CRF 150.

It cost 20.00$ Alot less then what I would spend on gas to dive another 45 minutes each way to ride Ocotillo.

You could also sleep in and meet us there, I think you could get there in an hour maybe less.

post-465-1190604115_thumb.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Lets go this Friday; I get off work at 12:00. The track should not be too crowded on Friday.

I want to go when SCHWINN and his son can also go.

Lets go this Friday; I get off work at 12:00. The track should not be too crowded on Friday.

I want to go when SCHWINN and his son can also go.

Well if anyone wants to go this Friday at about 12:00 from Carlsbad let me know. I have wanted to get out there for a while and dont want to go on my own.

I happen to have 20 dollars (dont' tell anybody, or they'll think I'm rich!) laying around somewhere. I can ride on Wednsdays and Saturdays. My CRF 150 will beat me senseless (or more senseless) in whoop-de-doos with the stock suspension, but I have other more cushy rides that need to get out and play.

I'd be happy to assist your wife with riding technique pointers. When I worked at the old Oceanside Kawasaki shop back in the 80s, the service manager and I would meet on Saturday mornings with some of the mini-KX owners out at a local riding spot and give them some racing pointers. Kids can be fun, as long as they are on dirt bikes :rolleyes: . Anybody who is willing to learn and work on their riding skills is fun.

Me and my 2 boys spent the day at amago sunday. Perfect conditions, mac in the water truck was working it. I picked up a spanking new CRF 450 for my 15 yr old and he had the itch for the track.My dirt setup is back on the 525 if we are riding this weekend.

Does it get pretty crowded on the weekends? I have never been on an MX track and don’t want it to be too hectic for my first time. I am sure the DRZ is not the best tool for that job but it will give me a better idea of what I should get if I decide on having a second bike.

Does it get pretty crowded on the weekends? I have never been on an MX track and don’t want it to be too hectic for my first time. I am sure the DRZ is not the best tool for that job but it will give me a better idea of what I should get if I decide on having a second bike.

It costs $20.00 to get in, no your DRZ is not a mx bike but is a great dualsport. My ktm beats the hell out of me on the track but I jump on my kids crf 450 and it awesome. MX tracks are a whole lot different then open trail or desert, it seems like your always in the air on mx tracks.

Oh, I'd pay to see your DRZ on the MX track!

Well Henry when I know I am going you can pay my $20 and I will provide you with entertainment!!!! :rolleyes:

Well Henry when I know I am going you can pay my $20 and I will provide you with entertainment!!!! :rolleyes:

Hammer has pictures of himself flying on honda xr 650L dual sport at amago. It can be done but at what price, its just easier on a pure dirt bike.

Hammer has pictures of himself flying on honda xr 650L dual sport at amago. It can be done but at what price, its just easier on a pure dirt bike.

How would a husky TE 250 or 450 do at an mx track? Is it possible to get a plated bike that is a good mx track bike or would a green sticker bike be much better? Not for racing just for having fun jumping and what not.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

How would a husky TE 250 or 450 do at an mx track? Is it possible to get a plated bike that is a good mx track bike or would a green sticker bike be much better? Not for racing just for having fun jumping and what not.

This CR 500 works well. Moto Bro flys on a realy clean DRZ400 at Amago, I am hopeing he will ride with us to. Its time to chime in and all set a date.

post-465-1190681996_thumb.jpg

The lighter the weight, the better for jumping. TE450would be better than your 400, the TE250 would be better than the 450. A red sticker MX bike would be better than all of the above.

And the klr650 would be . . . umm . . .

It's better for riding around the world

and stuff like that, but . . .

ADVTOUR_KLR_3390.jpg

So my bike is not the greatest for the track,

but it is not unheard of . . .

You never know! :rolleyes:

ADVTOUR_KLR_3390.jpg

You never know! :D

Well, I wouldn't reccomend it for base jumping :lol::lol::D:rolleyes:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

ADVTOUR_KLR_3390.jpg

You never know! :rolleyes:

I saw a KLR. race the Baja 500 June 1st.

I just got a PM. and I think we need to change the subject and get ready for Honda Pilots ride Octoberer 5-7 I just got the HALL PASS ye haw.

LETS ROCK BROS.

I wonder how my 950 would do at the track ? :lol::rolleyes:

Guess you'll just have to find out. I saw a couple of big ol' GSs out at the 2003 Elsinore Grand Prix and they looked to be having the time of their life out there on the track :lol:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I suppose this is another deadend post :cray:

not dead end just trying to find the right time for everybody.

'Sokay. I have just seen threads evaporate, lately. I have a great minibike for Amago all ready to go. Have fun on the big ride :)

Not all MX bikes are red sticker. The Husky TC is actually a green sticker bike. They might be 20lbs lighter than the TE version.