Sign in to follow this  
unclecameron

San Diego BMW dealer's X-Challenge 650 dirt demo day, Oct 28th

I'm helping organize a demo day for the little brother of the uberpig with the San Diego BMW dealers, it's not officially sponsored by SDAR, but I cleared it with Randy to just post some info. on it, so hopefully that's cool :)

It will be demo day for the new X-Challenge 650 enduros up at the Amago Motocross Track on hwy 76 between the 2 entrances to Palomar, on Sunday, Oct. 28th. Both SD county dealers will be bringing bikes up to the track and providing lunch that day if you come up and demo their bikes on the tracks. They have tracks ranging from really easy to more advanced, depending on how what you're comfortable with, so everyone's welcome (if you have license, are 18 and have insurance). The dealers aren't charging anything, so it's free if you just come up but don't bring your dualsport, otherwise if you bring your bike, the track charges $20/day for each bike, so you can bring as many people as you want for free, but they charge for each bike. It will start at 9:00 a.m. and run the rest of the day. There's a gas station around the corner about 1/4 mile.

The goal is to have people bring the bike they're currently riding up to the track and ride around, and then ride the same track on the BMW's and see how they handle. You may even get a chance to see me make an idiot of myself trying to take the uberpig on the double's...I think I can do it...once :)

You can get more info./sign up at either of the dealers (San Diego BMW Motorcycles or BMW Motorcycles of North County), they're trying to get a head count so they can schedule lunch / gas for everyone.

http://www.sdbmwmc.com 619.286.1971

http://www.bmwmcnc.com 760.520.1288

The dealers aren't charging anything, so it's free if you just come up but don't bring your dualsport,

The goal is to have people bring the bike they're currently riding up to the track and ride around, and then ride the same track on the BMW's and see how they handle.

Which one is it? :)

The goal is to get people to ride that already have a dualsport (which is most of us on this site), so the track would charge for that, but also if people are new to dualsport, maybe coming from the street with some dirt bike experience, or just don't want to bring their bike, then hopefully they'll come still, and it would be free for them if they didn't bring a bike.

We're trying to get a semi-official headcount if you're planning on attending so we can bring enough lounge chairs for Kevin :) and also so we can judge the food, gas, etc. we need, PM me if you plan on going and I don't know about it, my memory half-life can be measured in 0.0000000005 seconds or so :)

If you're looking at these bikes, it's a pretty good chance to get your feet wet without having to get it past the wife/CEO of home Inc. ...did I mention free food :)

My hope is we'll get new lurkers to show up and ride, then maybe turn them into dualsport junkies like the rest of us :D Then if my evil plan works, we'll all have more cool places to ride (legally), since they'll be more of us to keep the roads/trails open. Plus I get to ride new stuff...which is the real reason :P

We're trying to get a semi-official headcount if you're planning on attending...

very likley... "list" me... :)

We're trying to get a semi-official headcount if you're planning on attending...

Yes, the BMW Ghost Riders and my lounge chair will be there.

Hey Cam,

I will be there +2 for sure, maybe a couple other people I will let you know about. Looking forward to getting my XR out on that track!

I don't think this event is geared for me, since I already own a G650X. But, I sure would like to be with the gang, and try out a G650X on an mx track. :) So, count me in, and maybe my son... ;) Here's a picture of my Xchallenge prior to my first crash. :DFirstdirtrideon650X002.jpg

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I don't think this event is geared for me, since I already own a G650X. But, I sure would like to be with the gang, and try out a G650X on an mx track. :) So, count me in, and maybe my son... ;) Here's a picture of my Xchallenge prior to my first crash. :DFirstdirtrideon650X002.jpg

I would love to air the BMW out. Count me + 1 friend. I will also bring my CR 500 to ride.

mmm, been waitin' to see that CR500, it's plated, right?

We're mostly going to be on the somewhat easy track, but if guys want to go to the more advanced tracks there's about a 60 foot tabletop on the next track over that should nicely accomodate the frequent flyers.

Sounds like a good place for the CR, and we can talk about how much I'd have to bribe ya to ride it :) (I'm guessing a lot...worth a try). Anyway, love to drool over it :)

sounds like fun I will try to be there.

I called SDBMW and put my name on the list

not sure if I will ride my Ktm there or bring it in a trailor

(to save some energy for riding on the track)

RGannon

Last I heard.... La Jolla Indina Res. was being evacuated..........?

Spyder

Unless anyone has better information than I do, it looks like the fire now includes Amago track, which would preclude us from holding the event there, I think we'll have to wait until they re-open, and/or find another venue, which will take a little time. I also wonder (as I'm sure firefighters do) when the containment will happen. Also, people are/will be dealing with their own situations regarding the evacuations, which will take some more time, and people need to focus on their family situations right now.

We'll look at the options and let you all know...it really would've been fun :blink: But we'll regroup and see what we can put together. For now we hope everyone will be able to save their buildings/property in that area, and around the county.

Looks like we're going to reschedule the event for Sunday Dec. 2. Shortly we will be ascertaining whether Amago is still viable, hopefully their facility has been saved. More information in an upcoming separate post.

By the way, I noticed on the BMW website, that the Xchallenge is on sale! Off $1500.00 from msrp... Anybody considering this bike, this is the time to check it out... :)

Well it looks like we're moving it up to this Saturday, Dec. 1, I'll post another thread on it, but basically the same story, just changed the dates due to the fire :D